Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Name Game


Kersten and I have been talking a lot since his surgery and we both agree that we have not found our favorite girl name for this little one yet. We have a couple we both like but neither of us love them. And I admit that I am a bit funny about names. First of all I know I am not going to have a lot of children so I want to absolutely LOVE their name.

Now, I personally LOVE, adore, cherish my sweet Noah Lawrence. I think his name is fantastic. It is a name that will help him become a man of integrity, strength, hard working with a bit of a sense of humor. Kersten also loves it, but it mostly came from me. For you see, with my sweet boy, a couple of months after we were married I had very vivid dreams about a baby boy that would be ours. In each of these dreams I would call him Noah. I knew without a doubt that someday that baby boy would be ours. Kersten worried a bit that he would not come. I would assure him that even if it was in the millineum that we would have this boy. His middle name is my Grandpa's name and he is an amazing legacy to have as part of his life.

Also with a girl, I want it to be very feminine. I love my name because it sounded like a princess, Laurie Elizabeth. I want it to be pretty and not to out there but not really plain either. I don't need her to be just a princess but I want her to be well rounded. She can play dolls and climb trees. We both don't like names that could be either a girl or a boy, for example, Kelly, Taylor, Riley etc. We also don't like names that could also be last names, Bailey, Jackson, Madison etc. We have a middle name we like that we could also use as a first name. We don't care if it is a family name but we want it to have a great meaning.

So I am sending out a plea to the blog world to give us ideas for beautiful girl names. Thanks for playing you guys

15 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Ha! I just got done commenting on your last blog and when I came back you had a new one! I know you will find a great name for your little Shaak Ti. I will be on the look out for you too. Do you know if you want another family name?

Gatnnos said...

Name her Gwendeline - I love that name - Girl names are hard. There are so very many to choose from and so many that are extremely popular too. I always loved the name Ariana, but our angel didn't look like ariana to either of us. Oh well. Madeline Grace is pretty - that is Cyndi's baby, but yours isn't related to Cyndi. Elle is cute too. Go with Gwendeline - nobody will share her name with her. Gwendelyne? Gwendy - LOL

Erin said...

The girliest girls I know always have names that end in "a": Julia, Alyssa, Isabella. I have always thought it is hard to name a girl because there are so many names to choose from! Good luck!

Carrie said...

I think I could pretty much talk about names all day. What about Evelyn, call her Evie? I like Ruby, but it's not for everybody. Of course you know my favorites, Kate, Emily & Rachel. Hmmmm . . . Isabella's cute too, call her Bella (she's just not as likable as Edward though). I'll give it more thought and see if I can come up with any other suggestions.

Anonymous said...

I really like Kate too. It is cute but sophisticated. I'm not for unisex names myself. I think Ashlyn is a really cute, feminine name also. love, Kristen

Gatnnos said...

I am still for Gwendylin - too cute. You could end it with an a too. Gwendylina!

Kristi said...

It's so fun that you get to think about girl names! My friend just named her baby Emilia (after a region in Italy) and they call her Emmy for short. It's so cute.

I also love the names Chloe, Keira, Grace and Ella, and Katherine.

Whatever you pick will be perfect!

Diana said...

Its hard to find a name. Lou and I decided at the hospital with both of our kids. Josh wasn't named until the day after he was born I think about 28 hours after he was born. I agree I don't like names that can be either a boy or a girl. I also like traditional yet unique names. I love Noah's name it fits him. You'll find the perfect name. I'll be thinking for you.

Rich said...

Sharon & I like the following:
Juliette, Kate, Claire, Sun, Penelope, Shannon, etc.

emily said...

I love names too. My favorite baby naming books are Beyond Jason and Jennifer and The Baby Name Wizard. The baby name wizard has a faboulous blog too at http://thebabynamewizard.ivillage.com/parenting/

Good luck, I know you will pick the perfect name!

WonderKitty said...

Carie! That site is amazing! It is like nothing else I have seen while looking for baby names. I will difinitly bookmark it!

Anonymous said...

I think the names Kinsey and Addie (Adeline or Adelaide) are cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh and Maylee (supposedly the Scottish form of Molly)

CTuna's Cavern said...

Mary Elizabeth. Grandma and aunt names are nice. I remember you were going to be Jane Elizabeth but at the hospital as you know I said... this girls no plan Jane... we went with our second option which was Laurie... and you've been my Loulabelle ever since. Good luck picking a name.

Anonymous said...

I really like Madeline. I like it when you pronounce it Mad-e-line or Mad-e-lynn. It just seems like a romantic name.