Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Long winded updated Information


It is not often in a mother's life when her child actually asks her to take them to Dr. Katie. I knew Noah must really be feeling yucky if he said that. He did make sure to say "No, ow" He has had a horrible cough for days and recently it sounded in his chest. He has had a stuffy nose since birth and that has just gotten worse. It keeps him up at night. So we took a trip to see Dr. Katie today. Our appointment was after lunch and when Noah finished his lunch after asking all night and morning to see the doc, he says "No more Ow. No doc. I'm Okay". Isn't that always how it works, when you finally get them into the doc, they are feeling just fine. Can I just say that I love his peditrician. I guess more importantly Noah likes her too. She is just the right kind of doctor for the kind of parents we are. She is great with Noah and it was such a relief to actually see her and not someone else.

Noah now weighs a total of 31.5 lbs. He is on antibiotics for his sinus crap and yucky cough. We discussed the whole potty issue with her and our frustrations. She thought we were pretty creative. A good sign is that he is happy and excited when he actually goes potty and felt like he accomplished something afterwards. I expressed my concern that he only went actual pee if we caught it with the timer and how he holds his poo in. He still might not be completely recognizing the signs in his body that he is going to pee, he know when he will poo cause he hides. She said his mind might be so occupied with all the adventures in his head and all the fun things he is learning that he is not paying attention to it. Plus, it has never been a concern before now and to be patient. So we are not going to stop the potty training, just scale back. Keep the timer going to remind him that he needs to keep trying and be patient. I think that is the hardest part.

She also is going to help us fight the insurance company to get them to cover Noah's speech therapy. Oh, this is a huge answer to our prayers. I know that he has needed a bit more than he is getting. She teased that we should move into Jordan District, since they have a better program. But, now we know that we have some people behind us on this front.

I feel so much better. It sounds so silly but just knowing that his doc thinks we are doing okay and that we have done all we can has quieted my mind about all the stuff swirling in my head

Baby Girl- Shaak-Ti is doing fantastic. I had an ultrasound yesterday and she is growing spot on. She was at exactly 27 weeks. Babies of diabetics usually get really big and grow to fat, to fast. So it is nice to know that she is doing so well. During my exam, after my doc spoke with me and said that another would review the results and I would see him next week, I had 3 other doctors come in and comment about how beautiful her heart was, including my doc. Oh, comfort again. I had 4 docs act astounded, I was not on full bed rest yet and commented how strange that things were progressing this way. They were all really throuogh with my chart. I am still on moderate bed rest. The only reason I am still only moderately on bed rest is that I had a blessing and the Lord is watching out for us. RELIEF and starting in 2 weeks I start going for Non-Stress tests weekly for 3 weeks, bi-weekly after that and to the doctor once a week. And I still have 2 or 3 depending ultrasounds. So the craziness has just gotten a bit crazier. The receptionists were teasing me that we will see each other so much, that we will be best friends. At least all of these appointments are at the Brand new hospital by Costco. Fun fun fun

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news! I am so happy that baby girl is doing so well. You deserve to have a great, healthy baby and a good pregnancy. That is also great about Noah's speech therapy. I'm sure you were relieved to speak with the doc about the potty training too. It sounds like things are on their up, right? Do you get to have your baby in the new hospital? You are soo lucky!!!!!

WonderKitty said...

That all sounds like good news Lou. And its about time. I am glad that everything is working out, and that Noah hasnt completely given up on potty training. Good luck!

Carrie said...

Way to go Lou! So glad the babe is doing so well and I'm not surprised that the Doc confirmed what great parents you two are. It's always just nice to hear it from a professional though. Good luck with the potty training, knowing Noah one day he'll just decide it's time and voila! You'll be done. So glad you'll hopefully get to do more speech therapy with Noah. You are so blessed.

Nik English said...

good job is spelling Shaak-Ti correctly lou. I am so proud that you are willing and able to learn!!

Love you :)

AubGoofy said...

sounds like all is going well with your cute children. I am so glad I can get the updates here.

Kristi said...

I'm so glad baby girl is doing so well. That must have been so reassuring to have so many doctors affirm that everything looks good. And that's great that your pediatrician is backing you up - she sounds wonderful.

Let's chat soon and figure out when I can take Noah to play w/ Luke. :)

Gatnnos said...

I am glad that all is well. Shaak-Ti has a GREAT heart already. What can you expect - she is your daughter! I think some of the brightest people in history were potty trained late in life - like 8 or 9 years old even. Noah is on his way to brilliance - all because there is too much going on in his head to take time out to go to the bathroom. I don't know if that is true, but it sounds good!