Life is calming down but also getting more chaotic (at least if only in my head).
Kersten started back at work part time yesterday. I think from my perspective, it was really good for him. It made him feel productive and back to the norm. Everyone at work seemed to miss him and welcome him back, happily The only down note is now he has a new boss and so far Kersten is not that happy about it. So we shall see how this all pans out. He is trying to figure out what to dress up for Halloween. It wasn't our top priority and now he needs a costume for tommrow. The rest of his team are being Nuns so he thought he could be the devil. But we can only find glittery horns, so it is not working
Noah is doing really well. He (not to jinx it or get to hopeful) has been wearing big boy underwear since last Wednesday. He has a least one accident a day but overall is doing pretty well. It is all I can hope for right now. He is having a hard time pooping on the toilet. Does anyone have suggestions for this? He waits until he has a nightime pull up on to poop. Or does a tiny bit in the toilet and finishes in his underwear. He got in trouble last tuesday after school for his teacher pulled me aside to talk to me about how Noah would not let her change his pull up when it was wet. He threw a huge temper tantrum and hit her leg. Well, we don't put up with this in our family. No hitting allowed and we respect our teachers. They whole way home I talked to him about how if he wanted to still wear pull ups he had to let his teacher change them at school. He never ever acts like that to his teacher, etc etc. Then when we got home we told Dad what happened and Noah had his dad and mom talk to him about it. He hates being in trouble. That night when it was bathtime, he just walked up to the toilet like it was not big deal and went to the bathroom. The next day he insisted that he wear Underwear. He had one accident that day as he ran up the stairs to the potty. On Sunday he used the urinals in the boys bathroom at church with his dad. He thought it was really cool that only Boys could use these toilets. I am a little hopeful that this is the beginning of the end. But, I am not counting my chickens before they hatch.
My next appt with the doc it next Monday Nov 5. This is also the week that starts my Non Stress Tests twice a week. So the insanity begins until this little girl comes. I am really trying to focus on my time with Noah right now, just us. I have been feeling lately that I will really miss him and our time. He is so joyful and fun (most of the time) and I just Love being his mom. I know I will love this little girl also. But it is kind of an idealic time with just me and my boy. And dad comes home at least for the next month a little early. So I am counting my blessings
6 comments:
I remember feeling like that with Matthew before Scott was born, it is special time. I think Noah will be a great big brother.
I think you are doing great with the potty training and with Noah! You are such an amazing mom! I love you :).
Silly Noah! He needs to make up his mind....that stubborn little boy!!
I am so glad that Kersten is back to work. That is GREAT for him. It sounds like Noah is showing interest in the toilet. I don't blame him for not wanting his teacher to change his pull - up. I think it is GREAT that he was so resistant. Have you ever told him that it is ok for her to see him naked? Maybe it is a good thing that he hit her for trying to do something he didn't feel right about. ??? Just my silly thoughts. Enjoy your time with Noah! I am soooo excited to be there about the time you have your little girl!
Glad to hear Kersten's doing so well. Noah too. He's thinking about it now. Make a magazine rack for him to read while he waits to do his thing. He's just in a hurry. Slow him down and he'll be fine. Just a thought. It worked with some of you.
Yea Noah! Boys are so hard to "train" but he'll get it!
Post a Comment