Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Great Baby Pumpkin


We bought a little pumpkin for Noah at the grocery store a couple of days ago. He is so funny about this pumpkin. He named it "The Great Baby Pumpkin." He carries it around the house and sings to it. He changes it's location in the house quite often. He wraps it in a blanket and rocks it to sleep. He puts it in places so that it can watch tv. He loves his baby pumpkin. He took the beautiful picture you see up above. With one of his other favorite decorations for Halloween, a ghost. He really is proud and happy to have his very own pumpkin. He is such a funny boy. He had to take it with him to Grandma's house to play with Josh. And cute Josh acted just as thrilled and awed by the pumpkin as Noah. He understood why Noah would have to bring it with him. He takes such joy from the little things. It is a good reminder for me.

10 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this post! Noah is just such a cute kid, and totally like his parents. You are all so lucky to have each other.

Erin said...

This kind of sounds like Ethan's Eez, but with a tangible thing to represent something to him. I hope his little pumpkin stays fresh for a long time!

Gatnnos said...

Hasn't everyone always wanted a pet pumpkin? This is about the funniest thing I have ever read! What a great way to end a long day!

WonderKitty said...

I don't see what the big deal is. I have two pet pumpkins that I talk to and bing places with me. Mine are named Pun-kin 1 and Pun-kin 2. I am pretty obsessed with pumkins. Just ask Nik. I will have to bring my Pun-kins over so they can play with Noah's pumpkin! Oh, is Noah going to carve pumkins this year, or would that scar him at this point?

Mimi said...

I Love that Noah uses his imagination the way he does. Life must be so exciting in his world.

Anonymous said...

Noah is the best. I can't wait to meet his pumpkin. Plus, he has your talent for photo taking as well.

Diana said...

Laurie that is so cute. I know it's so different than the the great pumpkin with Linus but for some reason it reminds me of that story. You'll have to do a scrapbooking page about it or something.

Nik English said...

everyone is obsessed with pumpkins...what is the world coming to?

Kristi said...

That is so cute! What a lucky pumpkin!

CTuna's Cavern said...

Noah's just getting ready to take care of Sister. Don't you understand. He'll be a good little brother. Cute story.