Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Finish the Sentence


My roommate and I once: taught the boys that lived downstairs how to crochet.

Never in my life have I: changed a tire by myself. I can do it and I have, but I always had someone like my little bro or sis or a friend with me to help out a bit.

High School was: up and down. The highs and good were way up there but I also made some of the stupidest choices and mistakes in life. The best part of high school was that I found Carrie and my husband Kersten there.

When I am nervous: I pull out my hair, literally.

My hair: needs help. It is a curly, frizzy mess right now.

When I was 5: life was spent running around the neighborhood in barefeet. I was also in Nancy Hobbs preschool with all the kids in my neighborhood and had decided by then we could keep Nik, He was already 1.

When I turn my head left: I see our old kitchen table with the scatterings and makings of Shak-T baby announcements

I should be: sitting with my feet up on the couch. I do have my feet on the chair next to me if that counts.

By this time next year: Kersten will almost be graduated and we will have a 4 year old and a 9 month old, (strange)

My favorite Aunt is: This is not a fair question for I cannot chose. I love them all.

I have a hard time: with inconsiderate people. I find it so sad that everyone is so self absorbed and contained that they don't notice what is going on around them. "Yes, I am a big fat pregnant lady that should not be at the store anyway and my 3 year old is throwing a fit and I can't pick him up, could you please help me out to my car."

My ideal breakfast is: Texas toast french toast, , bacon with syrup, strawberries in milk, scrambled eggs & cranberry juice.

If you visit my home town: you would still see me. Sadly I have not moved that far from where I grew up.

If you spend the night at my house: My husband would not rest until you had eaten at least enough to fill you up. We would spend the night talking, playing games and laughing until late. In the morning Kersten would have to make a big yummy breakfast.

I shouldn't have been: so stressed out in college. I wish I would have enjoyed the learning a bit more instead of worrying about tests etc. I probably would have gotten better grades and I would not have taken the fastest way out.

Last night I: did flashcards with Noah, went and bought pink paper, watched Heroes with Kersten and had a tickle war and then read my book Scorpia (An Alex Rider Adventure) until midnight.

I've been told I look like: my mother, especially lately. It has kinda been freakin me out a bit to look in the mirror, I have even noticed this resemblence. I look a lot like my mom did when I was little. I also have been told I look like my Grandma Blanche, we have the same face shape. She is my hero and totally beautiful so I like that.

(painting is "Monarch" by William Whitaker)

7 comments:

emily said...

You'd think being hugely pregnant people would help you out. I got some of the rudest unhelpful people when I was pg and when I had a screaming newborn. I don't understand that either.

I love that you taught the boys to crochet!

Carrie said...

I love this! So fun to read, and I think you were the best part of high school by far, football games might be a close 2nd:)

Diana said...

You always come up with greatest posts. I am probably going to steal this one.
I too watched Heroes last night and read my book before bed. I however did not have a tickle fight with my husband :)
I too wish i would've taken any route except the fastest way out of college.
I would've helped you to your car if I was at your grocery store. Toddlers are hard let alone when they're upset and your pregnant.

Laurie said...

ixzoc,kxksd,,s.d,zsdmladmlsadm,sadm,szdms,dsdmfd√ƒdzlfksdkdkfdxdfxkdfkdlkvdffkd,fdlfmdkdxlfdf,dmfd,fdfdlf,dlkfroee8odftir9optiortk0t9t09rtditorititritfrotkprdtiprdtifittfitofotftiootiftttpgovoogtttgkttktlporflodrp

WonderKitty said...

This is a great idea lou! I love your posts! I am glad you decided to keep Nik, I love him! Stupid people not helping you...

Gatnnos said...

I love reading these things about you - It is fun to hear about you when we are so far away. oops - I didn't mean to delete that last post - it said about the same thing. Sorry!

Mimi said...

I love the picture you put with this post. It is very you! Love the way you finished the sentences. Love you Lou