Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Party #2 and The Big Day


The celebration just keep on going. On Sunday we went out to my Dad's house for dinner and a little birthday celebration. My Dad made his famous BBQ chicken and we took a Key Lime Cheesecake for the adults and Donuts for the kids or the grown up kids. We sang Happy Birthday again and he blew out the candles 4 times, since he is 4. We then opened more presents. He got Chutes and Ladders, a new outfit that says "Daddy's Little Helper" (will work for cookies), a fun Lightening McQueen toy and a Batman ball. Again, he was way spoiled. I think his favorite part as always was playing on the trampoline. It was a warm spring day so the kids get sneaking outside to play and we would call them back inside for the big events.

I love this pic of my dad with Allie. They are looking at the book I made Noah entitled "When you were 3"

On his actual birthday, I sang to him right after he woke up. He informed me that we had to do everything in 4's. So I cut his breakfast in 4's. He took 4 sips of his milk and when we raced we counted to 4 instead of 3. We got ready and headed out for the day to the Discovery Gateway Museum downtown. It was so so fun. Noah is a perfect age for this museum. We took Baby Allie and Aunt Amy with us. Oh, the fun we had. Allie is such a funny girl, she was so excited, she kept hyperventilating.

They had a fun exhibit of Sesame Street presents "Our Body". It cost a bit extra to go in but it was worth it. Noah showed Allie all the cool things and each exhibit we stayed a good long while. Even Sofia liked the Rub A Dub she sat in the sink happy for a good 10 min. We stayed until dinner time and all of us were exhausted happy


Noah wanted Cheese and Rice for dinner. We took him to a local Mexican restaurant, where the plate of quesidilla and rice looks huge. The gave him a fried ice cream with chocolate. We as parents gave him a Leapster LMax we found online for a good deal. He was in heaven all night long playing with it. We already started talking about the rules of gaming. He is pretty talented at games. I have already set up that mom does not play games well so that it is more of a dad thing. Which I am totally fine with. Kerst is gone today for business. We miss him already. Luckily it is a fast trip. I think Noah's birthday was a success. He seemed happy and I know he was a bit spoiled. He is so gracious and happy it is fun to spoil him a bit on his birthday.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday again Noah! You guys are such a great family. It sounds like you all had a blast!

Carrie said...

Good for Noah. What good is it turning 4 if you don't get spoiled?

Nik English said...

Happy B-day Noah I am glad I got to talk to him!

WonderKitty said...

I wish we could have been there! It sounds like it was a smash of a party!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday, Noah! So did I!

Kristi said...

Noah's birthday sounds like a perfect day! How cute that he wanted everything in 4s.