
Well, another year is here and another Anniversary of my life with this daRn disease. It has now been 17 years which seems so weird and unreal. One year while I was a diabetic camp, they had us draw a picture of what we think this disease looks like. I think I was 15. Anyway, I remember this guy drew a picture of a mountain and said that he looked at is as an obstacle that he needed to conquer and overcome. Even then I say, GAG to that. And still do. I should have a more positive outlook on it. Maybe say that it helps me eat healthier, makes me more aware of my body and my health and it gives me another reason to make sure I exercise. But, unfortunately I am not quite there yet with the positive ideas about this disease. Give me another 17 years and I will let you know.
One thing I do know now that I have always struggled with and pondered is that that my disease and other crazy health problems do not define me. I don't look at myself and self worth anymore in reference to my health and how well I am doing with the millions of things I should do everyday and don't. OR the other things I always do and shouldn't. I look at my two beautiful, perfect children and think, Wow, they are miracles. I did not ruin them forever or deform them in anyway. I can be healthy, happy, well and productive. I also look at the many blessings I have because I am who I am and the amazing, intelligent, inspiring people I have met in my lifetime. Lucky Me.
Well, I definitely need to celebrate somehow. This is and was a pivotal day in my life. Another reason to celebrate today, would be that I was induced today when Noah was born. I know his birthday is on Monday. Let's not go there. So we are off to go get donuts.
5 comments:
I love you so much Lou. You are such a beautiful, strong, courageous, awesome, cool person.
Hope you enjoyed your donut! Tasty's! Yum!
Hey Lou . . . I remember that day too! You have broken all odds. You have proven to be a wonder woman. You are now showing what you are really made of - by being super MOM. Go girl! Love you so much!!! (I want a donut - you always have good treats at your house)
You really are verry courageous. Well I don't know if we were able to choose our chalanges in the pre-existance or not. But one thing that is for sure is here we get to choose how to react to them. You are a great example of positive endurance to me.
I think this disease has only made you stronger. You have learned what you need to do to keep yourself healthy, and it is helping you keep your children healthy too. You are a spectacular mom and a wonderful wife.
Post a Comment