Thursday, April 10, 2008

Party #1 for the almost 4 yr old


We had a small celebration for Noah's birthday last night at my mom's house. We had it early so that all the important people would be there. My mom is tending 5 of Al's grandchildren for the next couple of weeks so we turned it into more of a party than just cake etc.

Noah wanted a Batman cake this year. So yesterday I spent the afternoon constructing this cake. For the black part of the symbol, I used crushed up Oreos. I figured out in the middle of making this cake that it would have been so much easier to make a stencil of the bat. Oh, well I think it turned out pretty good. Noah Loved it. And that is all the matters.

At Spencer's birthday a couple years ago they played pin the symbol on Batman. Emilee miraculously still had the poster that Nik painted. So I whipped out some Bat symbols and we played the game. My mom had some balloons we blew up for the kids. And the party was a complete success.

Noah was spoiled as usual. He got some new play food (he loves playing kitchen and has been into that a lot lately), a full set of Super Heroes from Justice League (from Al's Grandkids), new books, a water gun, Cooties the game, Transformer figures and Star WArs ships.

Noah has such a generous, loving spirit, it makes it fun to watch him open presents for you can tell he is really grateful and excited. The party was so fun and we all came home really tired and happy.

3 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Happy Birthday on Monday Noah! Nik and I will call you from St. George to find out what you did on your birthday! It was a fun party Lou!

Carrie said...

Sounds like a great time. I think Noah deserves lots of celebrating!

Anonymous said...

Oh My - what a extra fun birthday party it was!! Noah turns 4 years old. Isn't that great. Let's all be so happy Noah is in our life. He's our buddy. Love you