Tuesday, February 05, 2008

U2 3D


Last Night because of two very nice people, namely Nik, my bro and his wife Lena. Kersten and I stole away in the night to go see U2 3D at the IMAX theatre. Kersten and I both LOVE the band U2. So we were really excited, Nik and Lena saw it a couple of weeks ago and decided then and there they were going to make it happen so that we could see the show. It was totally amazing. We saw them in concert a couple of years ago and in some ways this was a bit better. You could taste the energy of the concert. I wished we could have stood up and danced to the music. The cinematography was incredible. The 3D made you feel so much more in the concert. This sounds so silly but it made me feel young again. Not saying that I am old or anything. Sitting there with my sweetheart listening to U2. He was the one to really get me into them back in high school when we started dating. I had the thought that when we are really old we will be sitting together listening or watching U2 or Dave Matthews thinking this is the way music is suppose to be. Not the new fangled stuff the young kids are listening too. Hah Hah. Just like my Grandparents would listen to Glen Miller and remember.

I don't know what it is about Bono but he is so very sexy to me when he is singing. When the concert started and the music got louder and he started singing. I felt that pull in my gut of "Woah, hot". I commented to Kersten about this and he just laughed at me. I actually have blogged about how hot Bono is when singing in the first month I started blogging. How funny is that. He wore like a half dozen different jackets during the show. I waited in anticipation to see what cool leather jacket he would sport next. I told Kerst I want him to wear a black t-shirt with a leather jacket and slick back his hair. I was teasing of course. It made him laugh so it was worth it. Bono does so much for the world, it is a good rock star crush. One thing I noticed is that all four band members were wearing their wedding rings That made me even like them more. I also now have a smaller crush on The Edge, the guitar player. He is so talented and had a fantastic presence. Kersten and Lena both commented that he is the best, most normal looking of the bunch. They are all looking a bit older also. Especally Adam the bass player and The Edge's arms. We both had the best time and talked about it all night. Loved the music, the movie was completely amazing and really worth it to see. I don't know how much longer it is in the theatres, if you are a U2 fan you HAVE to see it. Thank you again Nik and Lena for spoiling us. We loved it and are indebted to you.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

U2 will forever remind me of you and Kersten. Not as a couple necessarily, just both of you, weird. I am SO glad you both got to go. What a great outing. I suppose if I'd married Chris we'd go to Boston concerts together. That's just weird.

emily said...

I am so jealous! That sounds way fun. I love U2. They remind me of my days in UT too.

Kersten said...

It was great fun. I think it was almost as good as going to the concert.

Nik English said...

Bono is hot!

WonderKitty said...

Glad you liked it so much! Nik and I had a great time with the kids too. They are so special. Love you guys!

Diana said...

oh, I am so jealous too that would be awesome to go to.
Bono is hot especially when he's singing because I don't find him attractive otherwise.
What a fun night.
And Yes lets figure out a way to hang out.