Wednesday, February 20, 2008

January/February Real Simple Interview


What is the secret to a good marriage? Since I am an expert authority on this subject I would say.... a huge sense of humor, you have to laugh everyday. And good communication, Kersten from the beginning of us has really emphasized this

What's your favorite product and why? my tape gun, I love using it to make books or scrapbook pages. It is very satisfying to have the speed and the strength of the tape.

What celebrity crushes did you have as a teenager? My first crush was Neil Patrick Harris, aka "Doogie Howser MD" and then I moved onto having a poster of Luke Perry and of Mel Gibson from the movie Forever Young

What did you want to be when you were little? I always wanted to be a mom above everything else. But sometimes a dancer, a childlife therapist or a teacher

What's the one thing you'll never understand? Why we continue to make the same mistakes or behaviors over and over again when we know the outcome

What's the craziest thing you ever did for love? Got married.

What scares you? Failure

What's your favorite possession? My scrapbooks and journals.

Something I've been struggling with lately is. . . feeling like myself. I think between the lack of sleep, the screaming baby and just doing what is necessary in the day it zaps all my energy and there is not much left. I am doing tons better than even a week ago, It just takes time.

5 comments:

WonderKitty said...

These interviews are great. I love the picture too. And about the blog templates...its easy. Click on the orange bar at the top of my blog that says Pyzam, and it will take you to the site. Search the left side bar for the area you want, then look through the pages of templates. When you find one you want, click on it and the HTML will come up in a small box. Just copy it, then delete the existing HTML, paste the new. It will delete the Link List, you will have to do that over. Then save. Let me know if you need more help!

Carrie said...

It does take time, but in a few months you'll suddenly realize you're you again. I just love you, Lou.

Diana said...

I love these interviews. I had a very hard time feeling like myself after my babies were born. It took me forever and I still feel like I'm trying to find myself. It's good that you're open about it and have such a good support system around you.

emily said...

I love that everyone answers the craziest thing for love question the same.

I hope you feel like yourself again soon. That is so hard, and I am just now getting through that too. I realize that I am a version of my old self, but I like who I am now, even if I'm late everywhere and slightly more frazzled. I would love a full night's sleep though. Nothing like that to make you feel good again.

Dave S. S. said...

WHATEVER!!! When we were kids you told me that your first celebrity crush was Chris Burke, who played Corky Thacher on the series "Life goes on" In fact, if I remember correctly, you still carry a picture of him in your wallet, the one where he has his shirt off and a bow tie.