
I have kind of been slack in my grateful sunday posts. I think it is a combination of things, lack of sleep, lack of time and being grateful for the same things and just being grateful for making it through another day. So here are some grateful things from this week
Valentine Surprises- On Valentines day Kersten called and said to make myself glamorous and be ready by 7 and not to worry he already got a babysitter. We had decided for Valentines day to not worry about anything big and just hang out with our kids and maybe rent a movie for after Noah goes to bed. He ended up taking me to Tuscany Restaurant. I had never been there and a buddy at work offered him the reservation. It was fun to go out to a really nice dinner. I cannot remember the last time we did that. I go the Spinach Ravoli and he got the Salmon. I think I will dream about there bread. Kersten worries that I will crave it. It was really delicious. Kersten's parents and grandparents LOVED having the kids. Noah is so easy to watch and they got to fuss and hold Sofia to their hearts content. It was a fantastic night.
Noah was so cute and asked me to be his valentine at home. Lilly was his valentine at school. His teacher at school made plaster molds of their hands at school to give to their parents. I am a sentimental fool and absolutely LOVE things like that. He kept giving me kisses and hugs all day.
My Mom- I have said this a million times before, but I really could not survive without my mom right now. She came and hung out on thursday with me and saved my sanity by vacumming for me (something I am NOT allowed to do). I am so glad she is my mom.
Dairy Products- I have gone off milk to see if Sofia will be happier. She might be allergic to the milk protein. I started tuesday having nothing with milk in it and cheated on thursday at dinner. I realized that milk is my comfort food. I drink a glass of milk whenever I am low, sad or just a bit hungry. Noah and I have rituals with a glass of milk and crackers, cookies etc. I eat ice cream a ton and have yogurt for breakfast. And most of my fast meals for dinner involve cheese. So this has been a struggle. I will keep trying just to see if it makes her happier. I struggle with food already. This is a great challenge. She has an appt on tues. I love milk and miss it greatly.
Answers to Prayers- I don't have to look very hard to see the answers to so many prayers in my life. I know the Lord is mindful of me and my family and is putting things in our path to help us grow and to better our lives.
8 comments:
And I am grateful for you. We really are overdue for a good phone call.
I am so jealous about valentines day you are one lucky woman!. I am so sorry about the Dairy products I would die without them
That is so cool and sweet for Valentines Day! Wow..good job Kerst! I'm so so sorry about the dairy.
I love that you list what you are grateful for on Sundays!! I have a thankful journal. The reason I started it was because I was really down about not becoming pregnant. I started it about 5 years ago. About one year of trying. It makes me realize how blessed I am. I realized I needed to do this when I was starting to get a little bitter. I was sitting in church and we sang Count your blessings. Thanks for sharing what you are grateful for!!!
Aidan was allergic to milk protein, and I cut every dairy product (and anything with dairy in it) out of my diet for 6 months while I nursed. It was hard, but after 6 months I slowly reintroduced milk back into my diet and Aidan never had a problem again. Plus, I lost all of my baby weight in 6 weeks! If you need advice or have questions, e-mail me. I love your Grateful Sundays, by the way.
Louers! I am sorry that you have been so overwhelmed! I guess it comes with the territory. I don't know what I would do without cold cereal and ice cream. Have you considered Lactaid? Or *gasp* soy milk?
I am sorry to hear about the diary too! I went no diary after Will was born and it was so hard! I love ALL diary! I hope it helps, it didn't really help Will, only time did, but it is so hard during the meantime.
In the picture it looks like you are grateful for Milk, Cheese and a Huge Gigantic chunk of Bologna.
Post a Comment