Pic taken Jan 29, day before she went into the hosp. Noah has a rash on his lips from his runny nose.
I have been writing new posts in my head all week. So it seems like I have posted a lot on here and the reality is that none of the imaginative, creative and witty thoughts I have in my head have actually made it onto the page. I doubt this post will even come close to the brilliance that swirls in my head day and night (now). But I will at least touch on some of the things going on in there. This might get a bit long winded.
Sofia is doing so very well. She is breathing fantastically. We do not take her out of the house much. I think I have taken her to pick Noah up at Preschool and to the store when I am absolutely desperate for something. I am getting a bit stir crazy. Luckily, my husband gives me opportunities to go out and also we have people that want to be with our kids so badly that they kick me out to be with them. Thanks you guys. I believe the hospital has ruined my baby. She was so cute and peaceful before she got sick. Now she screams all the time. I think it is mostly Reflux and gas. Noah had it so I have done this. I have to remind myself of that. We started her on Zantac on friday and are praying that is helps. If not I think her mother will go to the looney bin soon for lack of sleep. She did make her first real smile and it was at Daddy. He came home from work last friday and picked her up and called her princess. She looked right at him and grinned. It totally slayed him. She already has him wrapped around her little finger.
Noah is really the most joyful boy. He has a real girlfriend at school. Her name is Lilly. I noticed that she would follow him around and she would always talk about him with her parents when they would pick her up. But when I asked Noah about her he would shrug. Since he started going more regularly since the baby, he talks all the time about Lilly. Kerst asked him if she is his girlfriend and he said "Uh Huh" and then he asked if he kisses her and he responded in the positive. He keeps showing me her in his class picture with a glint in his eye. He already loves girls, We are so in trouble with this boy. His other thing he does all the time right now is if you say something like "I am so glad we went to Target today" for example. He always says "EEe, Who" as in Me too. Lately it is said so passionately and with sass and feeling that it always makes me laugh.
I also am forever indebted to my friend Melissa, who I don't think reads my blog but I need to write it just the same. She has saved me the last almost 7 weeks. My c-section incision clotted and I have had to heal it as an open wound. This means I have to clean and re-pack it daily (my cute husband does that). I think this has been my hardest challenge. I just want to shower normally or be able to carry my babies carseat legally. I keep thinking that when my wound heals then I can decide if I am really crazy or I was overwhelmed with all the changes. You know something has to change when someone asks your son "Does the baby cry a lot/" and his response is "Mom too". I really just don't want to be in constant pain and be vigilant about it anymore. Anyway back to Melissa. She lived across the hall from me when we lived in the condos and is a Wound Care Nurse by profession. She has been invaluable. Even though we have an assigned nurse, she has come out and changed, cared for and helped me with this wound. I know it would not have healed as well without her help and knowledge. It has been so fun to see her so much too. It is not quite to a place where I am finished worrying about it but it is almost better. Thanks Melissa
So here is a very small sample of the posts swirling in my head. I had a minute so I thought I would jot them down.
4 comments:
Hi Lou, I'm sorry that the hospital ruined Sofia. The good news is that it's probably not permanent. Most kids out grow reflux by the time they are 6 months, and a few more last until 1 year. Oliver's just a weirdo. But watch the Zantac, they put Oliver on that first, and it didn't do diddly for him, so they switched him to Prevacid, which does work. The Pediatric GI we saw said that Zantac is slightly better than nothing. :)
Oh my goodness about Noah's girlfriend. Too cute. He is just an all around cutie, and you are right to worry about him! He's going to be a total lady killer. He's such a doll.
I hope that you are feeling back to (relatively) normal soon. I think most moms cry a lot, and the ones who don't, well, they are lying. :) Or just have it way more together than I do/ever will. Love you, Lou, take care of yourself through all this.
Hey cutie, hang in there! Sofia will get to feeling better and so will you. You and Kersten are such great parents and Noah is such a heartbreaker :). I love you guys!
I didn't know that you were having problems healing. I hope that you get feeling better soon.
Did you find a cute fish for Noah?
Noah is already a Lady's man Scary thought. I knew it would happen soon
Post a Comment