
It is funny how something starts nagging you in the back of your mind and then something happens and that thought explodes. Starting Sunday afternoon after my husband took such wonderful care of me when I had the worst migraine I had had in five years, I thought about how I needed to show my gratitude and thankfulness of my blessings more frequently. At least for me, pregnancy can feel very selfish. My body changes so much and there are so many extra important things I have to do to stay healthy, sane and keep the baby healthy that I feel a bit self absorbed. I have been feeling the strain of this feeling a lot more frequently. My husband has two ruptured disks in his back and needs help and care a lot lately too. We are quite the pair right now. We joke and tease about how invalid we are, and in reality it has been difficult to meet each others needs fully.
We had a huge blessing in our life last week. Kersten's work is moving to about a 20 min commute in the middle of August. We have been spoiled to where right now he can walk or ride his bike to work or he can take a 10 min break to bring me the car. So this presented the problem that we needed another car. I have doc appts every week and will get more frequent as time goes, Noah has speech therapy and coming soon preschool. We prayed, stressed and figured out numbers to try to afford another car. And of course the Lord was mindful of us and an angel came and helped us to get a car. Other angels and dear friends sold us their old car (at well below blue book) that was in the most steller condition and had such low mileage that I could not help but dance around in glee and happiness that this was our new car. We got it last week and registered it on Thursday. The weekend was heavenly with the car and my two days of no worries of how I was getting places was bliss. Noah loved our new car.
I had a really busy day yesterday and prepared accordingly with snacks and toys for Noah. I had a doc appt, Noah had speech therapy in Centerville and I had to work for this cute lady that I am helping organize her scrapbooks. So we headed off for the day, happy to be busy and in the New Car. I went to the doc and drove up to Centerville for Noah's Speech class. I missed the turn and as I was looking to turn left. CRASH. I got hit in the front drivers side. The other car a Toyota Sequioa just had some cosmedic damage. But our new car was probably totaled. We are both just fine. I have whiplash and need to lay low and watch out for the baby and Noah was safe. He was a bit hyper all afternoon and had the most humorous rendition of what happened. We did not have the car long enough to give it a name and thus a proper funeral.
So today as I can't sleep, I am so grateful that we are safe and okay. I am grateful for the heavenly angels that protected us and the human angels sent to help. I don't know what I would have done without my friend Kiersten and my husband running up to check on us and drive us home. For Kieran for distracting me for awhile so I did not wallow to much in my misery and self pity and for taking such good care of the car in the first place. And I am grateful for the help in getting the car and being able to scrape what we needed to register it. I am grateful to Noah for continuely giving me hugs, making me laugh and reminding me what is really important in life. I know that everybody is doing it, but I have to now. I am going to start Grateful Sundays to be a bit more mindful of the good and wonderful things in my life
6 comments:
Lou I cried when I heard about your car. The whole Time I was a school I worried but I am so thankful that you are Ok. I love you and something will come you way it always does
Geesh! You have been a busy girl. Just remember that before the Lord gives us the absolute best things in life, he tries us the most. Be grateful for your trials - they are what make us stronger. I am soooo glad that you weren't hurt and Noah and baby weren't hurt either. We love you!
Lou I am glad you are ok....
Laurie You are amazing you are so awesome to find all the good things. You are definitely a glass half full kinda gal!
We love you
Thank goodness you are alright. A car accident is scary anytime but especially being pregnant and having a toddler in the car. Wow the Lord is really watching over you and protecting you.
Holy Cow! I had no idea, I am so grateful you, Noah and the baby are fine. Hopefully all this is just the darkness before the dawn. I love ya!
Post a Comment