Saturday, August 04, 2007

Girls Weekend


I am one very spoiled girl. This weekend my friends Kieran, Kiersten and I went up to Park City and had a girls weekend. We have planned this for awhile now. It will be the last time for awhile that it will be able to happen. Kieran is due with her 3rd child in 3 weeks, I am pregnant and due in Jan and Kiersten bless her heart just got braces on this week. We laughed that we would be quite the group of us. Two pregnant ladies and one with braces that can only gum her food.

I have had a Really rough week and am forcing myself to stay as positive as possible. I am tettering on the brink of a severe depression. I even told Kersten that I did not know if I wanted to go. Which took him so totally by surprise, that he could not speak for awhile. I am overwhelmed and had not had the time I wanted to organize my scrapbook project for the weekend. I packed up all my stuff and Kieran picked me up about 2. Noah went to Grandma F* until Kersten came to get him. We drove up to the outlet mall and went maternity clothes shopping. It was a blast. I Need pants so bad it literally hurts or falls off. I found the cutest khaki green capri's and a really cute comfy red striped shirt (above in pic). I was so thrilled. We laughed as we tried on some hilarious things. Right as we were leaving Kieran was searching through the clearance and found an adorable bright blue dress for $8. How could I pass that up. Also very comfortable. I feel a bit more prepared and cute in the clothes area now.

We checked into our hotel and the front desk guy asked us if we were going to party all night and if he should worry, we were giggling so much. Our room was more condo and had a full kitchen with dishes, a huge flat screen in the main area and bedroom. It was so luxury, I felt a bit stunned. We ran to Albertsons for food and reinforcements and then started to Scrapbook and watch girl shows. We watched Music and Lyrics and made pizza for dinner. We laughed and talked and of course giggled.

By now we were quite worried about Kiersten because we had not heard from her. She finally arrived at about 10:30. We waited for her to go swimming and sadly the pool now was closed. Kiersten made bracelets while we scrapbooked and we watched Pride and Prejudice. It was so soothing and theraputic just to talk and laugh with two of my friends. We did not end up going to bed until 4 in the morning. We woke up at 9:30 and rushed to eat breakfast and get ready for check out time. Sadly we did not get to go swimming and Kieran did not get to wear her new pink maternity swimsuit.

We then headed back to the outlet malls and went shopping for our kids. It was crowded, smelly and hot. I started getting really sick and felt like I was ruining the party. We went to McDonalds for lunch and then headed home. I can not tell you how wonderful and fun it was to get away for a bit. I am so grateful to Kersten for helping this happen. Noah and him watched the old Transformer cartoons and had Chocolate milk and popcorn. It was an awesome boys night for them. I am so lucky to have such good friends that accept me for who I am and love me in spite of it. These woman are inspiring and uplifitng and I count myself blessed to call them friends.

4 comments:

Gatnnos said...

I am glad you got to do that - you really needed the get away right now! I wish I was there to take you out too - everything will work out - remember we are given the biggest trials before we reap the biggest rewards!

Carrie said...

Girls Nights are so theraputic! Especially with great friends, I'm so glad you got to go. Now that all our help has gone home we must talk! Call me next week! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love girls nights. You're so blessed to have such wonderful friends in your life.

Mimi said...

That sounds like so much fun. I am jealous. I really need a Vacation!