I feel like a lot of the time lately I am saying that I'm Crazy. People ask "So how was your morning?' I say "Crazy". I seem to have a lot of things and plans in progress. So I have lots of little things to do but none of them are in completion phase and cannot be until a later date. For example, Noah's Clone Wars birthday party, Taxes from 2004, paperwork to get the tango and now I am working on a fundraiser for him so that he can get his Tango which is a communication speech device. I don't have all the details worked out. And since I have never done a lot of these things. I am learning things the hard way and everything seems to take a ton of time.
A week ago friday, I was shopping at Target and suddenly did not feel well at all. I cked my blood sugar and it was dangerously high. The only reason I could think of was I had changed my insulin site earlier and it was not absorbing correctly. I told Noah we needed to grab the groceries and go home so Mom could take care of herself. Well I was by the cheese and squatted down to get a closer look and blacked out. I woke up seconds later to a sweet boy kissing me to wake me up (that is how you wake mommy from a nap). I could not form a coherent thought. I at least knew to call my sister Amy. She says our conversation was really odd. I kept telling her we needed sweet and sour sauce, I was going to go to the bathroom and put my kids in the car. I did manage to get out that I had blacked out. SHe yelled at me to not put my kids in the car and she would be there. She contacted Kersten and he called and convinced me to hang out in the food court. They both came to my rescue. Got me home safe and my kids too. I changed all my stuff, gave a jolt of insulin and was better soon. It took probably until last thursday until I felt like I could form normal thoughts. I am perfectly fine now and I decided this was a way my body could remind me what it can and will do to me and I need to prepare me and my kids. Sofia got an ear infection that night and was sick, up all night for 3 days. So we rested and hung out together. I was suppose to speak in church that sunday but ended up calling the bishop on saturday to ask to be excused. So I guess that is one way to get out of speaking in church.
This is being told because it is kind of funny now. We are all happy and safe. Noah was scared a bit but now he knows just what to do. And it seems this threw me off my game of all the normal mother, wife, housekeeper, daughter, sister, financial maintaintence person. So everything went to down the tubes and I am playing catch up all day long. So if anyone has planned an amazing Clone Wars party, (I bought the invites because I knew that I could not get them done by when I need them, I am a bit shocked and sad but it really does not matter in the long run. I love making cards and invites that is why I am sad). Or if you have ever planned a huge fundraiser I could use all he advice and help in the world.
5 comments:
Wow, what a scary episode! I'm glad you were able to get home and get your insulin.
And I love your new blog background! Was it easy or hard to make three columns? I am planning on doing it in the next day or two.
Lou, I have never done either, but if you need help, I am actually quite un-crazy at the moment, and would be happy to help with what ever you may need. Esp. with the fund raiser, as a mom of a speech impaired kid myself, I would be thrilled to be able to help Noah get his Tango.
Tell me what you are thinking for the fund raiser, I have a couple starter ideas, but if you already know what you are doing, I can help think of ideas to flesh it out, or make phone calls to sponsors, make invitations, or what not.
hey you, you can't be crazy... I am!
I love you, and you know I am here for you.
It was nice last week just to sit and chat with you and not have a project. Just lounging and talking. We should do it more. Give me my list of things to do for the party. I will do them for you and check them off.
I hope miss snotty nose is feeling better. She seemed so miserable the last time I saw her. But then again she did always have a smile. How sweet is she?
Call me, I've planned a day for you next week.
Keep smiling!!!
Oh my goodness Laurie...I can't believe that is the same day that we spoke on the phone about lunch. I am so glad that you are okay!
As far as funny I think the best part is what ended up in your shopping cart - 3 big bags of mozzarella, enjoy your pizza!
Post a Comment