my son and daughter's blankets that is...
Noah's blanket was made for him by my sister Emilee. He received it on his very first Christmas.
Both of her children loved their blankets and she has a firm belief that all kids need a blanket.
Noah calls his blanket his "B".
He has to sleep with is every night. And really does have a restless night sleeping without it.
In the above picture it was taken in Sept. when he could not walk.
B is such a comfort to him and if you ask him it is the thing that keeps him the warmest.
Emilee surprised both Noah and Kara with a "B" that year.
I remember her excitement and satisfaction in making and giving this treasure to my boy.
I know if I asked him this would be one of his most valuable treasures.
Thank you Em... for taking the time and for this treasure.
Sofia's blanket is hand crochet by my dear friend and her Godmother Carrie.
I love the color and the size. I love that my Carrie made it.
I love the love, emotions and connection it envzoks.
Sofia loves to put her fingers through the holes.
play peek a boo with it and stare at you through the holes.
She thinks she is so funny when she does this.
And she is.
I honestly have to say I don't know if she is as attached to this blanket as I am.
I love it and find it so lovely. Thanks again Carrie....
5 comments:
I have a firm belief in blankets for kids. That may stem form the fact that I still sleep with my blanket, and it is sometimes the only thing that calms me down when I have a stomach ache. Yay for blankets!
So it totally makes me happy that she plays with it that way. I love that blanket, and I'm so happy that you do too. She is such a cutie, must be the name. . . or the blanket. . . or the Godmother.
Blankets really help children feel loved, snuggly and comforted, don't they? Both of my boys have one, and they love them. Cute pics of your kids with their blankets!
I believe in Blankets too! Allie loves her's and has to have it. You either have to have a blanket or stuffed animal.
Blanket or Stuff animals? Yes...
I didn't have a blanket as a kid and look how looney I turned out!!
Post a Comment