
I have had blogs racing through my head for days and now that I have a minute to write, my mind is a complete blank. Life is good and busy, running here and there and everywhere. So happy to be a mom and to be a wife. I really am living my dream life. It may not always be pretty, calm or very organized. But my life is full of beautiful moments, wet kisses and lots of tiny fingers. Really I can't ask for more than that. It is what I always wanted.
Noah and I made cookies this afternoon to surprise Daddy when he gets home. Noah was so excited he had to call Dad and tell him we had a surprise and he would see when he gets home. The thing about a four year old is promptly after that he told him, that we made some cookies. He is growing so big. This time he had to measure all the ingredients by himself and make the tops flat. I did the eggs and the wet stuff. These were HIS surprise to daddy. He is growing so lean and so very independent. I think I still forget although I remind myself, that he is big and not so little. It is easy to forget when he gabbers all day long. He has big emotions and wants. I am lucky enough that he still wants to snuggle and will still give me great kisses.
I keep thinking about him. This event keeps running through my mind. I don't think it will settle until I write it down. He was so brave during the primary program a couple weeks ago. Waiting with anticipation to talk into the microphone. He got to sit where the bishop does. The entire time he was entertaining the ward by playing lightsabers on the stand, during each song. He get doing force lightening and force push (from the game Force Unleashed) at his Dad in the audience. For FHE the next week we decided we needed to discuss reverence. When it came his turn to talk he walked boldly forward and said right up next to the microphone "Uhh UHh" Pause "Uh Uh". The audience members chuckled at his cuteness and I instantly started crying. Tears streaming down my face. He looks at me for approval with a grin plastered on his face. I give him a two thumbs up while grinning through my tears. Kersten at first thought I was crying because the audience laughed and Noah would not know that they thought he was cute. I was just bursting with pride that he still after this last hard, trial ridden frustrating year that he still had the confidence and desire to get up and say his lines in front of everyone in sacrament. I had lots of comments from some of his Primary leaders and the President called to say how proud they were of him. They teared up also.
Noah is working so hard with Speech Therapy. Several people have commented that they understand more words. His therapist that comes on Fridays is having her baby on the 23rd and we won't see her until the new year after that. He promises her he will still practice. As his mother it is heartbreaking to see him struggle with talking, maintaining his friendships, not being frustrated with himself or them for not understanding. He is a delight and I thank Heavenly Father every minute of the day that I am his mother.
This post did not start out or end up the way I thought it would. Thanks for playing
7 comments:
That is a really sweet post. Don't you wish we could video record the sacrament meeting program, so we can always remember the adorable way our children say their lines? I am so glad he is doing better with speaking...you are an excellent mom who works so hard with your children, and you love them so much! I admire you a lot.
Yeah Noah!!! He is so brave and you and Kersten are so brave too. He is so amazing Lou and he sounds like a great aspiring pastry chef too :).
I love Noah! That little boy amazes me every time I see him. He has so much confidence. Maybe it has something to do with Star Wars not everyone can be a Jedi
I have a little girl in my Primary class who doesn't talk. She tries really hard to say her part in the program.
I'm sure they get blessed every time they try!
If my son didn't struggle with his speech, he would be perfect! He is brave, considerate, funny, brilliant, charming...the list goes on.
I love Noah... and he can talk to me any time he wants. I'll listen and not speak for him. He knows what to say. Love the little Jedi
I cried. It was perfect Lou.
Post a Comment