
It has been raining a lot this weekend. On Sunday when it started to rain, I was sitting on the floor at my in-laws. When my son comes and grabs my hand and says "Mom, come" waving his hand in a come this way motion.
He had to show me the rain.
It was dumping water on everything. The sound of the rain pattering on the roof was intense. Grandma Monika and Noah were standing on the porch catching the rain in their hands. I took off my socks and Noah followed me. We would run out into the rain and come back to make footprints on the pavement. Over and over again. As Grandma watched us in our silliness.
Noah started seeing Count Dooku in the sky and started fighting all the bad guys in the rain. He even tried to explain what battle he was fighting as Anakin Skywalker. I really am lucky that I have someone talented enough to save me from all these bad guys that surround our house.
I grabbed him up off the driveway in one big swoop. And I started singing and dancing. Of course, the song was "Singing In the Rain" one of my all time favorite shows and songs. Noah laughed as he lifted his face to the sky and water dripped down his face. My heart knew that this was something I will always remember. We finished off the dance with a big dip. For that is how most great dances end. My pant legs were soaked and my hair was all wet. But, all was right and good with the sound of laughter from my boy.
Thank you, my son for showing me the rain. And for knowing that I did really want to see it.
4 comments:
That rain was intense! I am glad that you did not have a flood this time. You are so lucky to have a rain dance partner.
Oh, and just so you know, Kersten took that picture of Sofia in the swing.
What a fabulous memory!! I wish that I could have been there!!
Oh Laurie, you are the cutest and best mom ever :).
I love the rain! I always have. That day Allie and I sat and talked about the rain and sang camp songs about the rain then she fell asleep in my arms
Post a Comment