Kersten: I had a glorious weekend, although Friday was one of my most frustrating mom day so far. I was tapped out to the max and a bit sad, for I was suppose to go to my family cabin for the weekend. And a bit relieved that I could stop packing. My sweet husband came home with some Gerber daisies, new cordless phones and an order to get out of the house. Oh sweet bliss. I ended up reading my book in the car in a parking lot, eating a cheeseburger. But it was heaven with no other distractions around. I came home happy to kiss my kids goodnight. I also got a nap yesterday morning. Kersten totally out did himself this weekend. I am so spoiled.
Flight: I am also going to go visit my best friend, Carrie in a couple of weeks. And early b-day present. I am giddy and so excited to see her and spend 6 days with her. :D I really am so spoiled. Sofia and I are going to have the best time. Kersten even arranged the babysitting for Noah.
Lagoon: We went to Lagoon yesterday. We got tickets for a third of the price. Kersten's brother Jason and Verity came also. They were so patient with our restrictions with our kids. Noah's favorite ride was the spaceships with the guns. We took turns with the kiddos and went on the new ride Wicked and the spider. We had a fun family day. We came home tired and happy. It was a lovely day. I am so glad we went.
Talking: We had such fun coversations with some of our siblings and their spouses. Emilee and Gearold surprised us on Friday night and talked late into the night. They brought pie and we just chatted until the wee hours of the morning. So fun. After we went to Lagoon we just sat and talked with Jason and Verity until late. It was just so lovely to connect with family on a personal level. Loved it.
6 comments:
I was able to sit in the car this week and enjoy 30 minutes of silence while I read a book! Love your blog, you have such a way with you writing. I have got you tagged, 6 random things about yourself. I have the rules and my random things about me on my blog.
That is funny Lou, I can totally see you sitting in your car eating and reading. I am glad you got some time away.
Two late nights in a row! Crazy!
I can not wait for you to come next week! Then we can have some of our own gab sessions into the wee morning hours. Yipee!
Plus your favorite cousin visited.
It was funny reading about your weekend. Fun seeing everyone at Grandma Shepard's. Sorry Kersten had a headache though. Love you.
Did you fix that picture of teh flowers, it looks clearer now....
Post a Comment