
This week will be a bit hectic so Grateful Sunday will resume again next week. Kersten and I have learned that we will get to be like the Grandparents in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Both of us in bed at the same time.
Tomorrow my husband Kersten will be having surgery on his back. It is a micro diskectomony. He has two ruptured disks in his back that they will shave away the bulge and clean up scar tissue from his last surgery in 96. It was not suppose to happen until the first week of Oct but they were able to bump it up. This is a huge blessing for he has been in amazing amounts of pain and although the pain is not over. There is now an end in sight. He only has an overnight stay in the hospital, so that is really nice. The surgeon says that it is a 4-6 week recovering until he can go back to work and resume normal life.
Other news is the same day we found out about Kersten's surgery, my baby doc, Dr. Esplin informed me that I am developing preeclampsia. This is kind of like toxemia. Luckily they caught it soon so they were able to give me some medication to help my blood pressure. My doc looked at my ankles and gave me this funny look and said "You know your not far enough along yet to swell like that" I had this same thing with Noah and in the next couple weeks I will have to go on bed rest. I am cleared until Wednesday just on bed watch, so right now I am suppose to be down when I am home but I can still make dinner and take Noah to preschool etc. And now take Kersten to surgery in the morning.
So if possible, we need your prayers to get through life until January when this baby is born. Especially for Noah, his life is going to be totally disrupted and we are going to have to be creative to keep him happy.
7 comments:
You guys will do awesome. It just kills me that I'm not there to help you guys out and just take charge for you. I love you, know you are definitely in our prayers.
So do you need me to stay an extra week and help you a bit - I love you - good luck with the surgery!
I'm sorry! I will be thinking about you. And I will try to come up with some creative ideas for Noah and pass them on!
I am on call for you Lou! Who knows, maybe this is why I have not found a job yet. Because I am supposed to be your go-to girl for the next few weeks!
Oh I wish I could be there for you.
This is when living far away is not good.
You four will be in our prayers.
love ya
Lou! AUGH! I'm calling you right now. Ok, so not right now because it's like 1 am your time. But, when you're up, you're talking to me.
Ok?
Good Luck you too let me know if you need anything I am always here
Post a Comment