Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Carrie


I don't even know where to start talking about my best friend. Carrie and I officially met when we were sophmores in high school in orchestra. Before that I knew her from afar, for we took violin from the same teacher. For the record, she is much better at violin than I am. Once we bonded, we were connected at the hip the rest of high school. Kersten told me once that he knew that if he wanted to date me that Carrie was part of the deal. I could not have made it through high school without her. It is so nice to have someone that knows your history and how you have changed and become better. That knows a lot of the mistakes you have made and loves you anyway. I am so grateful our friendship endured through the challenges of growing up and figuring out who we are. She is the most phenomenal mother of three gorgeous boys. Carrie amazes me with her many talents. She always knows just what to say to shed new light on things. She really is a kindred spirit. There really are not many people who get me and know me as well as she does. I love that we can spaz together, be serious, be reverent, be silly, be silent or just be together and it seems like our friendship was meant to be.I looked in my photos from the last year and sadly I have quite a few pics of our kids together but none of us. That will have to be remedied at Christmas. Carrie, I hope your birthday is fabulous and I hope you know I love ya.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Lou, you're the greatest. I am so grateful we found each other in high school, I don't know what I would have done without you all these years!

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! Thank you so much for being my sisters best friend all these years

Gatnnos said...

Happy Birthday Carrie

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Carrie, you sound like a great person.