Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Audrey


My older sister Audrey's birthday is today. She is just two years older than me. Growing up we were very opposites. While I said Barbies, she said Batman. She was so thrilled when Nik was born, for then she finally had someone to play with that would play "fun" stuff. My sister Aub, has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever known. She loves people without reserve. She was the cute girl going to visit all the old ladies in our neighborhood. She also has a talent for befriending and working with people with disabilities. I always thought she would do something with that. She has always been really competative and really good at games. She loves all type of games, board games, hand held and word puzzles. She plays the guitar and I miss watching her sing with it. She lights up when she laughs. When Kersten and I were engaged and in the same singles ward with her, he had to do a spotlight for the newsletter on her. I was interested to see what he would say about my sister and he wrote that she has "silky smooth skin". And this is so true and I am so jealous and always have been of that. She has two beautiful, zany kids, Kara and Christopher. She amazes me with what she can do with them. I love my sister "Baba" a name given to her by Spencer when he was little and has stuck as her aunt name. Hope your birthday is fantastic.

4 comments:

Gatnnos said...

Happy Birthday Aubbie! I love your guts! You are such an incredible person. You truly deserve all the happiness in the world. NEVER forget that!

WonderKitty said...

happy B-day Baba! I hope you had a great day!

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday Baba!! I am so glad you are my "A" sister and dont you ever forget that.

AubGoofy said...

Lou, and all my family. Thanks so much for the wonderful blog. I love you.