Noah was so excited to see the animals. As of last year his favorites were still the goats. They are really friendly animals and very soft to pet. He and Kersten were connected the whole night exploring all the fun things to see. That is why their are no pics of me. I loved seeing the wonder on Noah's face. He also got to see a sheep being sheared and baby pigs.
They had some adorable miniature cows. Noah kept saying "Ahh, cute" He could not get enough
As a reward for not whining and being a major pain, when we arrived at the Fair. Noah was really grouchy and whiny. So we told him if he made good choices that he could ride the ponies. From then on he was happy and did not throw fits the entire night. He loved riding his horse. He actually had really good posture
I love the kid farm area they have. You go and do activities to earn money to buy a treat at the end. He got to plant a seed and harvest a carrot. Deliver the hay to the animals (he is doing that in the pic), brush a sheep for wool, feed the cows grain and he earned a dollar and bought a carton of vanilla milk. He was very proud of himself for earning the money himself.
Nik and Noah went down this huge, giant, wavy slide. It looked like fantastic fun, The pic I took of them going down, did not turn out. Lena got a better one, I am hoping she posts it on her blog. At the bottom, you could tell Noah was not sure how to feel but when Nik started saying how cool it was and getting excited that it was so fun. Noah started jumping up and down and saying "Yeah" with his fists in the air.
Overall, it was a fun filled night. We arrived home tired but happy. Noah said he liked the fair. He could not decide what his favorite part was.
7 comments:
That sounds like such a blast. I love how Noah listened and started to make good choices. I am so allergic to animals we can't go to things to fairs. Maybe Lou can take the kids with his parents or something. I'm sure they would love it.
Kersten is such a good dad!
I saw you comment on Sharons blog about Rome. Lets go together :)
That slide was a lot of fun...I thought is was funny that noah wanted to walk up the stairs by his self...I think that he regretted that decision when we got to the top...He was really tired!
My brother went to the Iowa Fair and watched the birth of a calf. Not sure he was ready for that one. I'm sure it is amazing to discover life from your sons perspective. What a fun tradition!
I love fairs. What a neat tradition! I really like the idea of the kids area - and Noah earned a whole dollar! WOW!!! Very impressive!
I've never in my life been to a state fair, but it looks really fun!
I love going to the fair. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!
Sounds like a way fun day. Someday I will have to go to the fair I have never been
Post a Comment