
I have not written down a lot about this pregnancy so I am going to in honor of my 22nd week that starts today I will write some random stats and facts about this pregnancy:
THE REVELATION: My first two pregnancies I started feeling extremely sick about 2 weeks into it, so I assumed that it would be the same again. But not so. On Mother's Day of this year, I was sitting on my in-laws couch so exausted I thought I would pass out and my father in law made the comment "Yeah, you do get very tired when you are first pregnant." Of course, I had to deny it for a full day to myself and everyone else. The next day I was at my sister Amy's house and prior she had asked if I wanted the 2nd pregnancy test from her box, since it would expire before she would use it. So I picked it up and some other things and thought about taking it for a full 20 min till I could not stand it any longer. It did not take even a full 10 seconds to say positive. I stewed for about a half hour about how and when I should surprise my husband. And then he called. True to form, I could not hold it in and plus the whole reason he was calling is to see if I had gotten a test and taken it yet.
DOCTOR APPTS TO DATE: these are just the ones related to this pregnancy- 23 times and I email my baby doc, once a week
ULTRASOUNDS SO FAR: 4 times and one scheduled on friday
ILLNESS: With Noah I was nausaus and sick the entire 9 months. I think I felt good maybe a total of 3 weeks. I did not start feeling really sick with this pregnancy until about late June when the heat came. The month of July was torture and I blame everything on the heat. I felt just fine as long as I ate until it got so hot no one could breathe. I was nauseus, vomiting and wanting just to get some rest. This is also when my migraines returned with a vengance.
CRAVINGS: First one was Beef and Cheddar at Arby's for about a month, I could not get enough of these sandwiches. And the Arby's melt would not do. It had to have the onion roll. Then I moved on to delicious turkey sandwich specifically from Tasty's and that posed a problem because Tasty's no longer exists. I wanted the soft fresh bread and the exact proportions of veggies and meat that they perfected. Kersten took me to Subway and it cured me of that craving because nothing is quite the same as Tasty's. The rest of my cravings have not been as strong or frequent as those first two but include things such as watermelon, potato chips, berries of all kinds, my mom's rolls,little chickens (including but not only, buffalo wings, chicken nuggets, chinese etc)
I will keep you updated on all the craziness and joys of my pregnancy
7 comments:
I'm so happy that you guys are having a baby. :) And it was fun to read about your pregnancy so far. Being pregnant is one of the hardest things to go through, but as we well know, it's temporary and worth it! I loved your "little chickens" :) that's funny. :)
tasties doesn't exist????!!! Are you serious?
How fun to be pregnant - it is all so worth it when that little one comes. I am excited for January to see your sweet little girl!
And of course the Beef and Cheddar is WAY more expensive than the Arby's melt. I'm sure they do that on purpose!
So good that you are recording this stuff. I wish I was into blogging during my pregnancies.
I love the cravings. It's one of the best parts of being pregnant.
I'm so happy you haven't been as sick. With Kira I was sick from day 1 to the day she was born, I understand how it is.
Happy 22 weeks!
I still feel bad that I couldn't go get you your Arby's Beef and Chedder when you called me. That school always gets in the way but well worth it
OH MY GOODNESS - hello Laurie! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog today - how fabulous to be reunited - how time flies! First off, congrats on marrying the man of your dreams - tell him hi and yes, I do remember he and Shaun liking my pear scented lotion in seminary - crazy! Second, congrats on being the mom of a real cutie AND your current pregnancy - hurrah for little girls! Isn't this wild?! So I set Shaun and Bethany up and now to find out you and Kersten are eternal mates - what memories this is all bringing back! So good to read your blog!
Post a Comment