Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Amy


My baby sister Amy is having a birthday today. Amy is seven years younger than me and weirdly enough I don't remember much about her babyhood. I must have been a bit in my own world. But she did become my little shadow as we grew up. I used to con her into cleaning our room or find clever ways to get her to do my chores. She was the pesky little sister for years but we became really close when she turned about 14. That is when we teased about her coming from another planet and her mother ship had finally come. She is my soul sister and before life got crazy we would hang out all the time. Scrapbooking, shopping, cleaning or just running errands. During her high school rebellion years she was a permanent fixture in our home. She is now a mother of the chubbiest baby, Cute Allie. I am amazed at her as a mother. She recognizes and takes such pleasure from all of Allie's fun little personality quirks. Amy loves to talk and has always had an amazing imagination. Sometimes we would get her talking just to see what tall tales she would come up with. She is an amazing musician. She has the most beautiful high soprano singing voice and she is a master at the violin. I was always a bit jealous of that although I knew that wasn't meant for me. She just discovered a new talent at beauty school. I am really proud of her and I love the way she colored my hair. I hope that Amy has a fantastic birthday and it is everything she dreams it will be. I love you, Bagel Snagel.

4 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Happy Birthday Amy! You are such a character and you are so fun to be around! You are a great mother an I am lucky to be part of your family.

Gatnnos said...

Happy Birthday Amy! You are the BEST Amy I have EVER seen! I love you!

Mimi said...

Thank you Lou! My birthday was a rockin good time. I love you Lou

Mimi said...

Oh by the way I still want to be like you all the time