

Today I am Grateful For:
MY TWO DATES -
Date #1 - On friday after Noah and I had a very long morning running around town, I decided to treat us to a fun lunch. So I explained to Noah that this was a special lunch and we were going on a date. We went to Hires, a old fashioned hamburger joint in our area. I showed him how to get my chair and we chatted. He had to bring his Heffalump, Lumpy with us that day. And the cute waiter after we ordered, I whispered that Lumpy needed food too. The waiter patiently took his order and went to get our drinks. And bless them, they brought an empty cup with a straw for Lumpy and when lunch came a plate with a sucker on it. Noah was so thrilled and excited the Lumpy had his own plates and everything. (He already feeds his animals invisible food all the time) When we left Noah had to take both his and Lumpy's drinks to the car. The manager asked if we wanted a refill in Lumpy's cup. I explained that he was just fine and it was his elephants cup. The manager got such a kick out of what his employees did. I heard them talking about it as we left. It just warmed my heart that they took that little extra time to make my little boys day. Noah even got the car door for me. He was such a gentleman
Date #2: My sister Emilee invited Noah over to have a sleepover with her kids on Friday night. Oh, you could feel the excitement of Noah as we drove him out to her house to play with Spencer and Kristin. He even picked up his room and his mess in the front room with no protest so that he could go. So Kersten and I were free to go as we please. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a real date. We went and shared some Chinese food and then went and saw Pirates of the Caribean 3 at the dollar theatre. The movie was okay but the company and the nite were perfect. When we picked up Noah late Saturday morning he saw us and burst into tears and asked us to leave. It was quite hilarious. I think he had a lot of fun. Emilee graciously offered to let him play while we ran on our errands. It was so weird for Kerst and I to go to Costco and other places without our Pookie Rascal. What bliss! I am one lucky woman
CUDDLES and INNOCENCE- Oh, how rare it is to have uninterrupted cuddles. I think Noah did miss us a bit yesterday for this morning he crawled on my lap and we cuddled on the couch for a good 15 min. This is what I live for and makes all the hassles of everyday life worth it. He then explained to me that his baby sister Shak-T when she is ready will come out of my belly button. This made me laugh. What a smart boy to figure out something that made sense to him.
COOLER WEATHER- Over the past few days there has actually been a breeze. I can feel my favorite season of Fall trying to come. It has been so heavenly and much more bearable. They do say it will get hot again but it was so nice to have a couple of days.
8 comments:
I am glad you were able to enjoy two wonderful dates with two lucky guys! You are lucky to have them in your life too! What a GREAT family you all are! WE LOVE YOU!
All wonderful things, and 2 dates you're a wanted woman! I love Hire's. It's one of those UT places I didn't get to hit this time, maybe at Christmas. Love you!
I love your Grateful Sundays. One comment on the cuddles & innocence...I thought at first it would be about cuddling with your husband, which with kids around, is just about as few and far between as getting cuddles from kids!!!
I should have included that in there too since Noah did have a sleepover, I was very lucky and got to cuddle with my husband this weekend. Wow, I am one very blessed woman.
I'm majorly jealous of the 2 dates. That is so cute that Noah got your chair for you. What a gentleman. And a night with just your hubbie? I don't think I've ever had that! Sounds way too fun...
I love Hires I'm sad we don't have it in Provo anymore. What fun dates. That's so cute how well they treated Noah's elephant.
Our anniversary is at the end of the month so Lou's little brother is going to watch the kids. It'll be the first time that we've both spent a night away from the kids. That's awesome that Noah loved his sleep over so much he didn't even want to go home.
I loved hearing about your two dates! What a fun weekend!
Your son is so cute. I love his imagination.
Post a Comment