Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First day of Preschool


Is is really possible that my baby boy is old enough to go to preschool. How am I going to feel when he actually goes to Kindergarten or High School. I guess I will go down that road when it comes. He has been so excited. But I don't think he quite understood what it meant to go to school. Today was more of a meet the teacher, play in the classroom, meet your classmates and we will show you where school will be. On the drive there this morning he kept saying "No school, Home please". And when he saw the big elementary school building he got a bit nervous and asked me to hold him. But when we got close enough he could see the front doors, he had to get down and walk in all by himself. I showed him the bear outside on the wall with his name on it and walked into room #3. Wow, how cool is it that he is in room 3 and that is how old he is. He had a metal grip on my hand when we walked in. And then he saw the table with dinosaurs all over it and ran right past the teachers and started playing with them. I am so excited about his school. He has a fantastic teacher named Miss Sharon and her aide Miss Mary and also his speech therapist Libby. All of them took the time with him to play and talk with him and find out what he likes. It was a bit emotional to see him in that enviroment and watch him make new friends. He made his placemat for snack and found his name on all of the charts. Tommrow is his first full day where I don't stay and watch. I am really glad that I get to help in the classroom, it will be really fun. He had to show his backpack in the picture.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Yeah Noah. That sounds like a really fun school!
Have fun!

Kersten said...

He is going to take the public education system by storm. Many great people have humble beginnings.

Nik English said...

Super Noah takes off!

Carrie said...

What a cutie! What a big boy!

Diana said...

Noah's school sounds great. I bet you'll both love it.

Dave S. S. said...

Anakin started out in much the same way. He is destined for greatness. And to someday wear a mask and be hooked up to a robotic exoskeleton.

Erin said...

It was Ethan's first day of preschool Wednesday too. Sniff, sniff, tear. They are growing up!

Gatnnos said...

Wow! Soooo big! Noah, you are awesome!

emily said...

Sounds like a really great school! Cute pictures of your big guy!

Mimi said...

I am so excited for Noah I have many memories from pre-school kinda weird I know but I have many of them