On Saturday we drove down to Provo to visit our friends Ben, Shaunelle and Jaimason and also to see their new house. It is a really nice house with a beautiful yard. I am really happy for them. The boys were shy at first, although Noah was talking about Jaimason on the drive down. He was tired and a bit cranky from staying up so late the night before so we were a bit worried that he would not be nice. Things turned out well though and we had a wonderful day. It was good to see our friends and enjoy their company.
We went up Provo Canyon for lunch for a hot dog roast. It is a beautiful canyon and had really nice picnic areas. It was really fun to be out and about and be with friends. The boys were playing well with each other. They were fasinated with the river and fire. They ate a ton and were the silliest boys. It was good just to talk etc
The boys had a hard time staying away from the fire. And had to "help" build the fire. They hot dogs and smores were really yummy. It was marvelous being outside. We went and splashed in the river a bit and threw rocks in. It was hard for the boys to wait for us to come.
When we got done with lunch we came back to their cute new house and turned on the sprinklers for the boys. It was really hot outside and now late enough in the day. They had a cool attachement for their hose that had two shooter guns that you could shoot water on this thing that spun around. Noah of course Loved it. Then we put the sprinkler on so they could just run around. They had sponges they would get wet and squeeze on each other and on us.
After awhile of course Kersten had to join in all the fun and get wet. It was really hot outside and was really refreshing to have some relief.
Noah was so onrey and done after the water fun that we decided to save us all a bit of grief and head home. Emilee called and let us know that she found Noah's "MOO HAW". It was behind her love sac in the family room. I am glad she found it. So we stopped and picked it up on the way home. Noah caressed it like an old friend. He kept talking about how he now has two blue Moo haws. I feel lucky to have a backup.
It was a great weekend. Lots of fun friends and people we love.
5 comments:
Fun weekend! That water gun think looks awesome. I miss those Utah mountains.
What a fun weekend. I love weekends that are full with family and friends. Sharon told me about your friend that moved to Provo you'll have to give her my phone number so we can get together.
I didn't know you had preeclampsia with Noah that is scary.
It was fun to see you for a minute. I am glad you had fun in provo too.
I am sad we did not get to see Dave and Polli but it seems like it was a great weekend!
I wish I could had been there I am jealous
Post a Comment