Today is my Grandma Billie S* Birthday. She turns 88 today, which completely amazes me. I remember celebrating her birthday when she turned 69 and she has kinda stayed that age in my mind ever since. She is the ephiphany of beauty, grace and pose. She is so incredibly beautiful that I would count myself blessed if I look like her when I am her age. She is an amazing example of unconditional love. All of her grandchildren think that they are her favorite and I think that all of us would be right. Everyone loves and reveres her as the matriarch of our family. I have rarely heard her complain about any kind of ailment. She does talk about how much she misses my Grandpa Larry, which I don't blame her. It would be hard to be without the man you love. I love talking to her. I love talking about silly things and going over the same thing again. She gives the best hugs. She is one of the few things that still makes me feel as safe as I did when I was a child. I love this woman and hope I can be more like her.
"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Friday, June 08, 2007
Happy Birthday Grandma
Today is my Grandma Billie S* Birthday. She turns 88 today, which completely amazes me. I remember celebrating her birthday when she turned 69 and she has kinda stayed that age in my mind ever since. She is the ephiphany of beauty, grace and pose. She is so incredibly beautiful that I would count myself blessed if I look like her when I am her age. She is an amazing example of unconditional love. All of her grandchildren think that they are her favorite and I think that all of us would be right. Everyone loves and reveres her as the matriarch of our family. I have rarely heard her complain about any kind of ailment. She does talk about how much she misses my Grandpa Larry, which I don't blame her. It would be hard to be without the man you love. I love talking to her. I love talking about silly things and going over the same thing again. She gives the best hugs. She is one of the few things that still makes me feel as safe as I did when I was a child. I love this woman and hope I can be more like her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Grandma. She is the most wonderful woman to look up to. That is why I named Allie after her because she is a wonderful person to look up to
I love grandma too! I wish we could see her more often. I can't believe she is 88 - she doesn't look or act a day over 69 - I agree with you Lou! Thanks for the tribute to Grandma Billie!!!
Post a Comment