The last night Dave and Polli were here they had a BBQ at Polli's parents. This was on Tuesday night the 26th. We were thrilled that we were invited and had an excellent time. Noah kept playing on their outside swing. After a bit Dave went over and sat by him and asked what he was doing. Noah used his "TahTah" sounds to show shooting and then showed him he was flying. So Dave asked if he could play too. They figured out that Noah was Obiwan and Dave was Darth Vader. They spent a good long while flying their X-Wings and Tie-Fighters. Fighting in the Galaxy for a better world. Noah loved and adored playing spaceships. Even after Dave had to leave. He stayed on that swing almost the entire night and played. He even roped Chesney my cousin Rosemarie's oldest daughter to play with him most the night. I am sure that is not the idea of fun for a 16 year old. If Chesney moved away, Noah would go in search of her and ask her to play again. He really liked her. She was a really good sport and really was darling with him. My cameras batteries died so I only got a few pictures of Dave and Noah playing spaceships. It made me sad I was unable to get more pictures of everone there. Polli took more pictures she promised to send me. I am really grateful to Dave for taking the time to play with Noah and doing something with him that he clearly loves. This is now one of my favorite memories of my cousin. The pictures tell the story. They are priceless and hilarious.
"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Friday, June 29, 2007
Playing Spaceships
The last night Dave and Polli were here they had a BBQ at Polli's parents. This was on Tuesday night the 26th. We were thrilled that we were invited and had an excellent time. Noah kept playing on their outside swing. After a bit Dave went over and sat by him and asked what he was doing. Noah used his "TahTah" sounds to show shooting and then showed him he was flying. So Dave asked if he could play too. They figured out that Noah was Obiwan and Dave was Darth Vader. They spent a good long while flying their X-Wings and Tie-Fighters. Fighting in the Galaxy for a better world. Noah loved and adored playing spaceships. Even after Dave had to leave. He stayed on that swing almost the entire night and played. He even roped Chesney my cousin Rosemarie's oldest daughter to play with him most the night. I am sure that is not the idea of fun for a 16 year old. If Chesney moved away, Noah would go in search of her and ask her to play again. He really liked her. She was a really good sport and really was darling with him. My cameras batteries died so I only got a few pictures of Dave and Noah playing spaceships. It made me sad I was unable to get more pictures of everone there. Polli took more pictures she promised to send me. I am really grateful to Dave for taking the time to play with Noah and doing something with him that he clearly loves. This is now one of my favorite memories of my cousin. The pictures tell the story. They are priceless and hilarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's adorable! What a good Godfather.
That is Hilarious! I wish we could have been in town longer so we could have seen everyone- I would have loved to get together with Wimmers and Felsteads before we left too. I guess short notice and short on time makes it hard. I sent you some pictures to Kersten's MSN messenger file sharing thing. Let me know if you don't get them.
Thanks for a good time.
I am glad that Noah got more time with his godfather, but I am sad that we did not get a chance to see Dave and Polli on such a rare occation. I have never even met Polli! And she leaves such nice comments on my blog. I can't say the same for Dave...
I wasn't pretending, I am Darth Vader.
I love daves face in the middle pic...that must have been pretty intense1
That was when I was filling my Diaper
That is the cutest thing I have seen all day. Dave is a wonderful godfather to Noah. That is so sad about your camera though. It always happens on the most important things.
Post a Comment