Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Goose Girl


I know I just did a book post but I could not just let this book pass by. I swear that I read this book awhile ago but I must not have because it did not ring a bell as I was reading it. "Goose Girl By Shannon Hale," My friend Kristi recommended it to me after I read "The Star of Kazan". Thank you Kristi for this recommendation. I loved it. This book is probably in the top ten of my list so far this year. It is another Young adult fiction book. It is clean, fun, fantastic, original and riveting. I finished this book in a night and a day. I read it as I ate breakfast, as I did dishes, as I watched Noah in his Ninja classes, and any other activity that I could read and do it at the same time.

In the front jacket of the book it says 'She was born with her eyes closed and a word on her tongue, a word she could not taste. Her name was Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, Crown Princess of Kildrenree, and spent the first years of her life listening to her aunt's stories and learning the language of the birds, especially the swans. When she got older, she watched as a colt was born, and she heard the first word on his tongue his name, Falada.' Okay if that did not make you want to read the book, it totally should have. As the story moves on, you see as she struggles to find her place and all of her unusual talents and embrace who she it to become the leader of the people that she has made her own. This book is full of everything_ mutiny, murder, knights, magic, language, love, friendship, class issues, animals, betrayal, intrigue, disguises and the discovery that you can do more than you thought. I don't want to give to much of the plot away because it would just be to sad. But, I hope I have put enough enthusiasm into my words. I know I am not the most eloquent writer or speaker but I did love this book more than most. So Enjoy and let it quench your thirst for a good book

7 comments:

Gatnnos said...

thanks for another book recommendation! Sounds like a good one!

Mimi said...

I wish I could read as fast as you. I love the written world but It takes me forever to get through a book

Carrie said...

This book is haunting me, it keeps coming up again and again. It's my next read, I'll probably pick it up tomorrow at the library. Good to know you liked it, always a good sign.

Dave S. S. said...

This book is haunting me too, I wake up and its floating above my bed, I hear it in the basement walking around dragging chains and moaning. Very Creepy

Sally Wood said...

I just happened on your site through Carrie's site, and I have read that book and absolutely love it! The first 1/4 was kind of slow, but when I realized where the story was going, I read it all in 2 days! Love it, love it!

emily said...

OK, I've got to read it too! I really need to read something other than blogs and cereal boxes...

Kristi said...

I'm glad you revisited that one! I like all of Shannon Hale's books, but Goose Girl is my favorite!