Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Zoo Babies, a Table and some Chairs

We went to the Zoo with my sister Amy and fam, my mom and her friend.
It was Amy's birthday and she invited us to go see the baby elephant with her.
It is apparently very rare to have a baby elephant born at a zoo.
We have one that is a girl and her name is Zuri.
We sat for awhile just watching her run around, wave sticks around with her trunk
take snacks from her mama and just be.
the kids were entranced and the baby was adorable.
I could have sat there all morning watching this sweet baby.
I could not help thinking about my Grandpa Larry
and how much he would have loved it.
He would have spent days watching that baby.
The Zoo also has a baby giraffe that is a boy. It does not have a name yet.
So Noah decided to name it Rex. Until further notice.
There was also a baby Snow Leopard
that had huge paws and long claws and a very fluffy tail.
There were 3 boy baby tigers playing.
All the animals were so active and fun.
Here is the birthday girl Amy with daughter Allie
and my beautiful mother, Jeanne.
Here are me and my kids looking at the baby giraffe.
It was fabulous fun and we are glad we went.
It felt a bit cut short because we had to get Noah to school
We all want to go again soon to see the babies.

We had another fun adventure.
Disneyland came to our house in our own back yard.
We had a surprise party for Amy.
I will post about that later today.

In other news
I finally finished my kitchen table and chairs.
I love the way they turned out
I find the black seats a huge improvement from the rust color they were before.
Together
And by itself
It was a bit more work than I imagined and took longer than I wanted
But Hooray they are done and it feels oh' so good
The Force is strong with these. I can tell

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Your table & chairs look fabulous! I'm always so impressed that you will just dig in and paint things I think and talk about it all the time but it rarely comes to fruition. Awesome. Also, that baby elephant was adorable, maybe we'll have to take the boys up there at Thanksgiving.

Alicia said...

Awesome job on your chairs!!! They look great ;).

WonderKitty said...

I love, love the chairs! I am so glad you have them done. You have been waiting so long! And the babies looks so cute, I can't wait to see them all!