Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grateful Sunday - September 13, 2009


Today I am grateful for...

Sunday Talks: Both Kersten and I had to speak in church today. It was a crazy week and I started writing mine at around eleven on Saturday night. I really would rather not procrastinate but that is how it worked this week. It really went way better than I expected and now we don't have to wonder when they will ask us to speak. It is all over with now. I wonder if I shared a bit to much today about my real self but it seemed to go over well. I guess we will see.

The Savior: Our talks were on pg 86 of the conference issue which was Jeffery R Holland's talk titled "None Were With Him" speaking about the time right before our Savior died and how he was utterly alone in all ways during his deepest anguish. I am grateful that my Savior loves me and that he suffered for our salvation. And that he loved us so much that he made it possible for us to live again. As with most talks and assignments this was mostly for my spiritual well being more than any one else.

bestest friends: I am blessed with amazing friends. This week my spirits were liften more than once by my friends dearest to my heart. I love these women. Thanks for being you and for always being there. Our lesson in Relief Society today was on how to be a good friend and the entire time I thought of you. And you know who you are. Love you guys

New Friends: We were invited to dinner by a cute family in our neighborhood tonight. It was a lovely and pleasant evening. I hope another one happens soon. The kids played well together, the food was good, the conversation was not stilted. It was just wonderful. Another affirmation that we are where we are suppose to be.

Our Country: With the anniversary of 9/11 just passing. I contemplated how wonderful it is to live with so many freedoms and abundance. I am proud to live here and be a part of this great land that was based on sound ideas and a desire to be a democracy and have equal rights for all.


No comments: