Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Fly Away


Yesterday morning as I reminded Noah that he had school today.
He looked at me with disgust and said "Again"
I responded with a "Yup, you go to school everyday that daddy goes to work"
His face lit up and he said "Mom, I'm becoming a Man"

When we arrived at school, I asked if he wanted me to walk him up to the building.
He responded "Mom, I am 5, Just drop me off and I will run"
I asked for a kiss and he responded and a hug and a kiss for good measure.
He hugged baby cause she will miss him to.
And climbed out of the car, hoisted his backpack onto his shoulders
With a huge grin on his face started walking through the gate and up to school
His exuberance and confidence made me proud
I was a bit choked up as I thought "fly away my little bird"

1 comment:

Nik English said...

silly noah!! great post!