
(Noah outside our house ready to go to school)

(Walking in line into his classroom, He looks like a man with a purpose)
Last year we had an issue with Noah thinking that school was boring (a word he learned from his classmates). So after parent teacher conference a couple weeks ago, I told him that his teacher says she does not teach anything that is boring. He was so cute, he started jumping up and down and clapping. We both decided that kindergarten was going to be awesome. I had a brilliant mom moment one night when he told me his primary class was boring. I said that I know your kindergarten teacher does not teach boring things so if you say it is boring. I will know you are not getting enough sleep for kindergarten. He looks at me with a horrified look on his face like he is totally screwed.
He woke up, ate his breakfast and watched a episode of Spiderman, he took a shower, got dressed for school. We took his picture in front of our house and then brushed our teeth. For his first day we had a special lunch that he got to choose. We went the the BK and he wore a crown as did Sofia. We ate apple fries and cheeseburgers. Then we drove to school
He held my hand as we walked up to the gate. I talk how excited I was for him. He responded that he was glad he did not have a boring teacher that it was going to be really really fun. I took a picture by the school and he lined up to go to class. He saw his friend Lily, hence more pics and he walked into school. I peeked in when he was more settled. He was playing at one of the tables. He looked a little bit nervous but fine. I was so proud as his mom. He is jumping in with gusto. I hope he has a really good year.

(Noah with his new teacher Miss Emily)
Well, he did have a really fun day he said. Of course like any child he did not tell me anything useful about what he learned. He did have snack and recess and there are lots of fun friends in his class. I got to talk to his teacher and she said he did really well and she could understand him mostly. He showed his talking device to the class and they thought it was cool. He told Kersten about a boy that punched him and was a bully and he was not but I think that might be a made up story.
Seems like a successful day for Noah and for mom, I did not even cry or feel like it not even once.
6 comments:
Yay for you AND for Noah! I'm so glad he said he had fun. Let's look forward to many more days of fun...
That first day is emotional. I remember just feeling like there was a hole without Matthew, but that didn't stop my from taking advantage of having one less child around. :) I'm glad it went so well, I have he has a great year!
Yeah for non boring teachers!
yay so glad its going well!
Congrats on the first day! Even though it is like the third day now. I know Noah will be a great student!
The photo of first day reminded me of all the first day photos I have of you. You can see you grow up right before your eyes if you put them in a row. Sniff sniff... my daughter grew up and now she's the MOM....
Post a Comment