Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Sick

This weekend has been quite memorable for Memorial day.  Our anniversary was thursday and Kersten was so sick he spent the whole day in bed in agony.  Poor man.  Noah had his last day of preschool.  They had the Snakes and Tails guy come.  Noah is recently obsessed with snakes so it was a big hit.  He even got to hold a snake during the presentation.  I noticed while taking his pic that his cheeks were flushed.  Yep, he had a high fever.  We took the babe in to the doctor the day before and she has the croup.  She seems a bit better now.  Of course,  I caught whatever it is on saturday.  So Sunday me and the kids stayed home from church and I got to nap with Noah and then we snuggled in my bed and watched the movie Bedtime Stories.  It was fun.  Unfortunlty Monday morning saw me in the emergency room for Ketoacidosis.  They gave me drugs and fluids and sent me home.  So glad I did not have to stay.  Noah's fever kept hanging on so we took them to OUR pediatrician on Tues and she gave them both antibiotics.  And she talked with me about my issues and made me feel better.  The horrible thing about this is that I don't feel one inch better.  My ketones have stay high and my sugars.  I walk around like a zombie barely able to feed my kids.  This to will pass I keep saying and praying.  I was told in my blessing on Monday that there is a reason for this sickness and I will know why.  I hate feeling useless and so sick I can barely lift my arms.  I know it will end soon.  

4 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I am so sorry that you and your family have been sick. It was so sad to see Noah at your moms, he looked so sick! I watched Sofia last night for karate and everyone seemed to be feeling marginally better. I hope your day comes soon. I know about the wondering when it will end though.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Naughty sickness. Nonna's been sick also. It must be the valley huh??? Naughty valley. Love you

Carrie said...

I'm gonna say it. . . that SUCKS. What happened to your Saturday night date? I was so sad I didn't get to see you this trip, but hopefully next time we'll work it out. Maybe it's better you don't see me in this enlarged state and loose all respect for me :) Love you! Hope you get feeling better soon!

Diana said...

Oh laurie I am so very sorry. You and your cute family will be in my prayers.