The Important Book By Margaret Wise
Illustrated by: Leonard Weisgard
Libbi, Noah's speech therapist lent us this marvelous book awhile ago.
This book was first published in 1949 and it's timelessness is evident.
It goes through different things and talks about why that thing is important. Such as Snow, that it comes in winter, that it is cold but the most important thing about snow is that it is White. They talk about an apple, the sky, the rain, a daisy, the wind, a shoe and different things like that. And at the end of the book it talks about how the most important thing about you is that you are you. This opened up a whole discussion with Noah and I we would walk around talking about what the important thing about a chair was, about Sofia, about our house, a tree, grandma etc. It sparked his imagination and the illustrations are intricate and colorful. I think it would be fun to make a book about the important things about your family for Family Home Evening or about Friends. Although I do not necessarilary agree about what they wrote is the most important thing about each subject was. It still made you talk about each thing and decide what you thought was most important. I really really loved this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment