Tuesday, May 05, 2009

We moved

Well, we are moved. We technically did not have to be out of our house until this thursday but we used the weekend to have help from the elders, high priests in our ward and our amazing family members to help us move. The abundance of help and love from everyone is a bit overwhelming. I admit I have not been the most easy or loveable person the last 3 weeks. I could not have done it without the help of my Mom and my Mother in Law. If they were not over helping pack they were taking the kids to get them out of the way so I could pack. With Sofia it seemed like one step forward two steps back. Technically I still have a lot of cleaning to do at the old house.

We moved in with my generous sister Emilee and her husband Gearold just for a couple months while we look for a house to buy. They have two rooms in their basement that we can use. The unfortunate part is that they were not finished. So while I have been packing Kersten, Al and Gearold and the other occasional men from our family. Have been putting in insulation, hanging dry wall, sanding, mudding etc. They are not done yet so we work until we drop at night trying to get them done. The great part for them is when we leave these rooms will be done and Em will have her scrapbook room and Kysa will finally have her own room. It is really such a huge blessing to have a place to crash for a bit while we find our home. Noah thinks it is great. He gets to have a sleepover with his cousin Spencer every night. He is on the floor of Spence's room and Sofia sleeps in Kristin's room. They are partying all the time and a bit hysterical with all this change. It is an adventure to say the least, I don' t have a lot of computer access right now so my posts will be sporatic until we get our own computer hooked up in our unfinished room. Wish us luck. love you all

6 comments:

Teresa said...

That is great that ya'll have such wonderful family. I have one piece of advice for you, when buying your house, for a lot less headaches make sure the house is complete!!!! We have put so much time and money into finishing our basement its becoming very frustrating! Good luck, sorry we weren't able to see you last week.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Sound exciting. I hurt my back over the weekend and was laid up until yesterday. Glad you are in.

Erin said...

Wow, you have great family members! I'm glad you were able to get out in good time. Good luck with the cleaning.

And good luck finding a house! I will be praying for you and your family.

Carrie said...

Yay! I'm glad the move is over, let the house hunting begin! I've been wondering how things are going and wondering how to get hold of you, I think I have your cell phone number written down somewhere. Good luck! Wish I were there to help!

WonderKitty said...

I am glad you are moved in to your new place. If I am feeling well, I will totally come help you clean on Tuesday. If you still need it?

Katrina said...

I hope everything is going well with the move. Happy mother's day! I finally took the plunge and started a blog.....love you.