
Do you know who these two men in the picture above are? You may have seen them singing hilarious songs such as Business Time, A Kiss Is Not A Contract and If your Into It. This is Jermaine and Brett from as they are Billing themselves as "Formerly New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo accapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo
Flight of the Conchords.
We got the tickets months ago and I have been eagerly awaiting the concert since. Our anniversary is coming up and we decided to use it as a celebration of sorts. It was on Sunday and we went with all but one of my husbands siblings. The opening act was Arj Barker who plays Dave on their HBO show. He was really crude but really hilarious. And then Jermaine and Brett came on and sang and talked and entertained us for over two hours. I would say it is in the top 3 concerts I have been too. It was so so funny and entertaining. Even the way they move is so funny. I absolutely LOVED it. The songs and comedy keep going through my mind and making me laugh the last couple of days. I have even dreamed about Jermaine. Kersten keeps teasing me that it might turn into a Rock and Roll crush. Musically they are really quite talented and switch back and forth from different instruments and even use their voices as some of the instrumental. They played off the audience really well and you knew they were loving what they do and having fun doing it. I am really glad we got to go.
3 comments:
Ooh, I'm so MAD that we missed this concert! I just barely heard about it, and wasn't able to get tickets. Ok, truth is I heard about it and then forgot about it until EVERYONE started posting on their blogs/facebook about how great a concert it was. I'm glad you guys got to go and had a fun time. I will have to console myself with last season on DVD.
That is so cool that you got to go. They are not my favorite, but I think if I saw them live, it would be a different story. Glad you had fun!
It was the mother-flipping best concert ever. I'm glad we all got to go!
Post a Comment