Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thanks Carrie!


I just returned from 6 days, 5 nights of pure fun with my dear friend Carrie . We had some serious fun.
It was a much needed break from real life for me. She totally spoiled me. I will list some highlights
  • just hanging out
  • talked late into the night and continuing on the next morning,
  • We watched a ton of movies.
  • looked up actors and actresses to see all their stats and other movies.
  • went to the General RS Women's meeting,
  • had dinner at Red Robin, with only one kid
  • went to the outlets


  • Made tons of yummy treats and snacks.
  • Bought lime yogurt at Safeway (this one is for my siblings, I know you are jealous) It gave me a thrill each time I got to shop at Safeway.
  • ate Chocolate Chip cookies made by the master cookie maker.
  • had salad and breadsticks at the Olive Garden
  • looking at high school scrapbooks and laughing hysterically
  • Talking and rehashing some of our old memories and experiences.
  • Going to Pike's market place- searching for surfer braclets for Kerst, a present for Noah, watching Sofia watch the people and all the fun colors and exciting things.

  • Sofia turned 9 months old.  (will post her stats later)
  • Sofia got to spend time with her Godmother and get to know her better (they have such a cool name)
  • I got to know her 3 boys so much better.  She has the nicest boys
I just loved being there and It was exactly what I needed.  I loved that we did not feel like we had to run all over and drive ourselves mad.  We just enjoyed being together and had a blast.  Thank you so much Carrie for your hospitality and for your friendship.  I love ya

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you had such a great time! You both deserve it so much :).

WonderKitty said...

I am glad you are back Lou! I missed you!

Nik English said...

lou it has been a hard time for me having you gone....but I got through it :)

Erin said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I am so happy for you!

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you came, it was awesome to have you here. If only you lived closer. . .

Kristi said...

How fun to have some girl time!

emily said...

How fun. I am so jealous! Sometime all 3 of us will have to get together!

Diana said...

Your trip sounded splendid. How special that you guys have such a good friendship that you can totally just hang out for 6 days.
It must have been nice to be a mom of one for a few days.

Gatnnos said...

Vacations are WONDERFUL! I am glad you enjoyed yours!