Sofia turned 9 months while we were in Seattle visiting with Carrie and her boys. Her month birthday was on the 28th of Sept which was a Sunday. We celebrated by going to church, taking a nap, watching girl movies and taking her picture outside in their front yard. I love Sofia's outfit, we received it at a shower given to us by our ward. I just love the pants so retro stylin with the flowers and the brown. Her shoes are my favorite right now too. They are loaned to me from my friend, Kieran. Her personality is shining through now. She is very inquisitive and methodical. She has to know everything that is going on. She takes cues from me if things are okay to go play or to touch. The doc says that is very smart cognitively. Noah adores her and carries her around the house, lays on top of her and hugs her to death. She always goes right for the toys he tries to keep away from her when he is at school. He missed her more than he missed me when we were away. They will sit in their beds reading and talking to each other before bed now. I love this and cherish that they like to be together.
She has started to stand alone for a couple seconds if she is not thinking about it much. She won't do it if you orchestrate it but she does when she is distracted. this first happened on Sept 23. She crawls around really fast and goes up and down easily with something to pull herself up on. She loves food. Especially things she can eat by herself.. I have to chop things in little pieces so she can feed herself. None of this baby food crap. Her favorite food is yogurt, she likes chicken, hot dogs, and cute up apples and grapes. She makes those little teeth work hard. She is patient once the food is in her mouth but do not keep her waiting for it.
Her favorite toys are definitely books. She gravitates towards them. She loves to chew on them. She has bitten up more board books and loves to eat the cardboard. She bites everything. Mostly books and her crib. I find little teeth marks in the strangest places. She puts anything in her mouth. Noah was always more cautious so I am re learning to spot things that she will eat. She loves playing Patty Cake and laughs hysterically if you make noises with your mouth. We just love her and are so glad she is part of our family

At her nine month appt this afternoon, her stats are
weighs 17 lbs 11 ox in the 50%
length is 28 inches in the 60%
head circ. 44.2 cm in the 50%
9 comments:
I like the new look of the blog....and sofia is awesome! Love you both~
Sofia is so beautiful. I love that little outfit. That's cool that she is stading by herself already, my kids were the same way about learning things, they'd totall do it if no one was watching them or making them but as soon as they were asked they would just stare at us.
Oh she is just perfect :). I love your new blog style!!
I love our sweet-ums. She is my favorite daughter...ever.
She's is such a cutie. I'm so glad we had her here for her special day. I love that outfit too, I must say. And she seriously is just adorable.
Oh! Love the new look on your blog. Fabulous.
She is so beautiful! I cant believe she is getting so big!
She is growing up too fast. I feel like I am missing out on so much. She is so darling though. I love to spend any time I can with my sweet Sophia. She always smiles when she see me. I love it.
She is so cute! I hate that I am missing so much with her growing! I need to be a better Aunt
Post a Comment