Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Friends and Bullies


* Noah has started learning how to be a Jedi.
He is taking karate now on Thursday nights. He loves it.
We are so glad he can take with Spencer and Uncle Gearold.
he has even tried getting the bad guys with his new moves.
Instead of always using weapons.
I love that they teach respect, patience and they don't teach bullies.
Noah did not even know what a bully was....

*Speaking of Bullies
I talked to Noah's teacher for a couple of hours last friday.
Last Wed. during circle time there was some commotion where Noah was sitting
They were playing a game where each of the kids say their name in certain spots.
A little boy when it was his turn, smirks and say "Eeh, eeh".
The teacher corrects him and says "No, you need to say your name"
A* then says "well Noah does not have too."
After class his two best friends in school, Lily and Camden
who the teacher call the Three Musketeers or the Three Amigos
Were causing a ruckus, that the teacher went to break up
and then realized what was happening.
For sweet Camden (who has hearing aids fyi) and Lily had formed a wall in front of Noah
and Camden says "You don't make fun of our friend Noah,
he does the best he can.
And if you keep making fun of him. We won't play with you anymore."
Oh, how grateful I am as his mom that he has such good friends at school.
Camden will save seats for Noah and Lily at the beginning of class.

I asked Ms. Amber if they were including other kids in their play.
They let anyone play with them who wants to.
As long as they play nice with everyone.
They are going to address all the differences in the classroom. 
I know already that they teach respecting each other, kindness and to ask.
In talking with her today it seems this boy has behavorial issues already.
He is young and is just trying to get away with stuff.
I really don't think he was trying to hurt Noah specifically
What a lucky boy to have such good friends at school.
It is so heartbreaking as a mom to watch this struggle.
This is why we are here is to learn and grow.  
That does not mean I have to like it. 

11 comments:

Nik English said...

great story thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

I'm glad the teacher will be discussing differences. What a nice boy to be such a good friend to Noah! Good luck dear.

Alicia said...

Noah is such a great boy and his friends are true. I'm so happy that he has them to lean on and grow with.

Veridine said...

I am glad Noah has friends who will stick up for him. He must be quite the charmer, to have two girls ready to stand up for him like that.

Carrie said...

Oh Noah. I am so grateful he has Lily and Camden. What a cutie.

Carrie said...

Here's your stinkin' letter: J

Love ya.

Gatnnos said...

that is really sweet!

The Justice Family said...

How cute! That is great he has such great friends.

AubGoofy said...

You are taking Noah to a great school. Wow what good friends he has. Noah is so amazing. I love that boy so much. I am glad to be his Aunt BaBa!

Mimi said...

I am so glad Noah has amazing friends because I love the boy! I will kick anyone's A@# that tries to hurt him

CTuna's Cavern said...

Noah needs to have Nik tell the story that Jack Hobbs told me about Nik's encounter with his first bully. It was George Mulvey in nursery. Quite a cool story.
Glad Noah has such cool friends also... Love Dad