Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Letter J and the Letter A

ARules: Leave me a comment and I will give you a letter. Then you have to come up with 10 things you like that start with that letter. Caroline gave me the letter J and Emily gave me the letter A. So here it goes in no particular order...

  1. Jackets... I just love jacket weather.  But, a disadvantage to my love of jackets is that I am extremely picky about my jackets.  I would love to be able to afford lots of different styles, colors, lengths and weather types,  but unfortunely our spending plan does not allow for that to happen.  
  2. Joy...  I just love this word.  I do try to find some kind of joy in everything.
  3. James Taylor... I have made at least a couple of posts about my love of this man and his music.  It started when I was young and has continued to be part of the soundtrack of my life.  I love his voice and  his melodic tunes.  Just love him.  
  4. Junk... I am kind of a pack rat, cluttery type of person.  My dream personality would be to have a very clean, organized, uncluttered home.  I am working on this one.  
  5. Jane Austen... I have always loved the book Pride and Prejudice but I feel over the last 5 years or so I have gained a huge love and appreciation for all of her works.  I love most of the movies made from her books and I have reread all of her books several times.  
  6. James Bond.... My dad is a huge 007 fan.  I grew up watching all of the old school James Bond.  I grew a love for the suave Sean Connery style and the sleek Roger Moore.  I remember snuggling on the family room floor piled all around my dad watching the famous James.  I love him just as much today.  How could you not.
  7. Jewelry... I really don't wear a ton of jewelry.  I love simple, funky, stylish pieces that show who I am.  I don't collect a lot of this.  I feel quality is much better than quanity.  I think my favorite things are necklaces than earrings.  My baby loves to grab and eat them all the time right now so they are dingy or non existant in my daily wear. 
  8. Jello...My grandma Billy makes the best jello ever.  It really is so good.  It has the yummy fruit and she has so many varieties that I dream about.  My fav is her red jello with bananas and strawberries in it.  She has made jello an artwork.  
  9. Jesus Christ... He is my elder brother,  my rock, my salvation and my friend.  I am so grateful for his life and his teachings and that he made is possible for us to live again and return to our Heavenly Father.
  1. Apple Products... I have been converted to a love of all things Apple.  I used PC for so long and when my brother Nik started working for a Mac store.  I fell in love and now I will never go back.  So cool..
  2. America Sign Language... As part of Noah's speech therapy,  they encourage us, family and his friends and classmates to learn sign language.  We have a lot of fun with this.  And Noah really has picked it up fast.  It really does empower him to speak now as he is retraining himself to speak.  
  3. Ann Taylor Loft... I adore there clothes and can always find something I absolutely love every time I walk in the door.  I might not alway fit in what I love or am able to afford what I love but I know I can always find something pretty.
  4. Anita Stansfield... I actually have embarrassed myself when first met Anita.  She even acknowledges that I did.  She has so much talent and really has learned to embrace her gift.  She is so down to earth and just such a fun person.  I love her books more now because I love her as a woman, friend, wife and person.
  5. Art.... I love Art and I love to create.  I have never thought of myself as an artist but I do notice and take note of beautiful things.  I often wish I knew how to paint.  I feel as if I have acquired  a good eye for things.  As I have grown I have developed so much more of my creative artistic side.  It helps me breathe and feel a bit more like me.  I may not be the best at any of the things I attempt but I sure do love doing it.  
  6. Apple Thiefs... this is a Scrubs reference.  I love the show Scrubs.  I love how random it is and how it can crack me up every time I watch it.  Elliot says this and Kersten and I quote it often.  "You are an apple thief and I am the orchard owner daughter..."  Cracks us up every time.  
  7. Animation... I am not an animator in any sense of the word.  I sure do appreciate the process, the talent and the designs of animation.  My love of animation began with Walt Disney with his beautiful adaptation of favorite fairy tales and for making the happiest place on earth.  His vision is astounding.  I also really appreciate Clone Wars (the CN 2003 version) animation and Samari Jack.  I totally give my brother Nik credit for this appreciation and love.  
  8. Audio... as in I love music.  I live, breath and soothe to music.  I am so glad I was taught how to play and appreciate music in my growing up years.  I hope to pass it on to my children.
  9. Amour...the definition of this word is love, affection or an usually illicit love affair.  Here is a little secret for you.  I am obsessed with love and I am having a very passionate and scandalous love affair with my husband although it is not illicit for we have been married ten and a half years.  

I have figured out 9 things for 2 different letters.  I think that is pretty good and now my brain hurts.  So if you want to play,  I would love it.  If you just want to comment I would adore you,  since I still live for comments and my feelings really would not be hurt if you did not want to play.  

10 comments:

Erin said...

That was really fun! We love Scrubs around here too. And when did you meet Anita Stansfield?

emily said...

Excellent job! It was fun to learn those things about you!

WonderKitty said...

I am in! Send me some letters!

Mimi said...

Lou Guess what? I am on the internet miss this world ok send me a letter but dont get mad if it takes a week or two

Nik English said...

hahah I was mentioned twice in this blog! I feel honored!

Anonymous said...

That was a fun post! I love that jello can be a work of art!

Carrie said...

I too love JT and James Bond, Linc gets the credit for that. Love the letters! I had no idea how awesome J would be when I gave it to you. So cool.

Kristi said...

Your blog is always creative and fun to read. I always check it to see what you're up to - and everytime I think, I need to get together with her! So? Let's get together! (yeah yeah yeah)

Diana said...

What a fun post. WE love Scrubs and it is so creative and random we have all the seasons on our computer and watch them over and over.
I too love jacket weather it's crazy that it was and now it's hot again. Kira said today wait I thought it was Fall why can I go out without a coat!

CTuna's Cavern said...

James Bond Rules.... new one coming in November and Nik and I are all over that... Love Dad