Tuesday, August 05, 2008

An Evening with JT


Last night was heavenly. It all came to past because of my friend, Kieran's sweet husband. Months ago when Kieran found out James Taylor was coming, we were talking on the phone about it. And she wrote a comical note to her husband that her other love was coming to town, with section, seats and row that she wanted for the concert and instructed him to call me if he was going to surprise her so we could go together and she did say she loved him most. Well, Kevin took the bait. He called me that evening and said that if I took her out to dinner we would be even. Well, that is a no brainer. Of course, I would take her out to dinner. She called a couple days later when she discovered the tickets taped to her computer

So we ventured out on our night with Cafe Rio, Pork salads safely in our tummies. Talking, laughing and a bit giddy. On our way in I made the comment that I would like to meet him and rub his cute bald head. We bought t-shirts and sat down just perfectly. He is so cute for an older man. His voice is so soothing to me. I could listen to it all the time and I do. One thing I loved about this concert was he talked with the audience between each song more than I had seen before. He joked about being a broad for a year and switch to say overseas. Told the story of how he wrote the song "Sweet Baby James". He commented that when he learned "You've Got a Friend" from Carol Keane. He did not realize that he would have to sing it every night for the rest of his life. At one point, a guy screamed "I love you James" , and James promptly said "I just don't know how to respond to that, I love you too, Sweetie, Snookums or Honey". It was really fun. These pics are from Kieran's camera phone. I could not load my on my computer. I need tech help often.

I think my favorite songs were "Shower the People", "Your Smiling Face", "Fire and Rain" and a song written by the Dixie Chicks. It was really funny watching some of the people in the crowd. There were these three twenty something boys a couple rows ahead of us that were really high and probably drunk, that were dancing so hysterically, security moved them so that they would not be right in front of everyone. At the end James asked security during one of his encores to allow everyone to dance around as much as they would like.

Kieran drew this picture of us at the concert. I stole it from her blog. I love her depiction and wish I could make out her comments more. The evening was amazing and so very needed. I have been really agitated and a bit irritable. I needed some time out and this was perfect. Thanks again, Kevin and thanks Kieran for being the kind of friend that we have fun no matter what we do. This was a memorable evening.

4 comments:

kieran said...

I love that first picture of JT, so cute. My drawing works now on my blog, check it out. Thanks for a great and silly night away from our kiddos! Love ya!

WonderKitty said...

That must have been so much fun! I love that drawing Keiran! And I can totally picture that shirt you wore Lou.

Nik English said...

I love JT!!! you are so lucky to be able to go!!

Carrie said...

J. E. A. L. O. U. S.