Today I am grateful for:
Staying Home: this week I have really been contemplating how blessed I feel that I get to be home with my sweet children. It is not easy and there are so many emotions connected with it. But I really am so grateful that I get to be here with my children and they grow and learn.
Kersten's Job: He has had to travel a bit the last couple of months and it always is so good to have him come home. He is still excited about his work and comes home happy most days from work. It think it challenges him just enough. This makes me so glad for it is miserable when you don't enjoy what you do.
Quiet Moments: We had such a busy July that it has been really splendid just to stay home most of the time. All of us have needed a bit of recuperation time. It is nice to have a bit of time before school starts and open enrollment at work for Kersten.
Missionaries: We had the missionaries over for dinner on friday night. They both were such nice young men that you could tell were on their missions for the right reasons. It got me thinking about all the people I know and love that have been on missions. And also the time when Kersten was serving and I was writing him. It has built my testimony and my faith in the gospel contemplating what they do and who they serve. I have really been built up thinking about it this week.
Olympics: I loved watching the amazing opening ceremony to the Olympics in Beijing, China. Looking forward to all of the events.
Good Friends: I don't know what I would do in my life without some of my friends. They really stretch me and make me want to learn and grow and be a better person. It is also nice to realize that your friends need you maybe just as much as you need them. That you can all laugh and have a good time just being together.
2 comments:
Why can't I just live by you, DARN IT!
I really enjoy your grateful Sunday posts. What a wonderful tradition you have started. I am loving the Olympics. It is so fun to watch these amazing athletes. I get so excited and feel like they are winning for me too!
I like what you said about your friends needing you as much as you need them, I forget that a lot.
Post a Comment