Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Reed


I want to be like a reed. So that when the wind blows I go back and forth easily with each new gust of wind. I let my body and mind flow with the rhythm of world around me. I would not get flustered with a change in direction, I would flow with it. My roots would be strong and secure deep in the earth. And even as I flutter here and there, I would feel serene with each new direction.

As my days go by with lightening speed and at other moments seem to drag along. I have contemplated how easily I get agitated and thrown off kilter, Being a mother their will always be interruptions, spills, baths to give and messes to clean up. I want to be the type of mom that goes with the flow more. That clings to those precious moments when all is right and all are happy. There has to be a balance between getting all the household chores done, the other needs of the family and having fun with your children and taking quiet moments for your own sanity. I have not found that balance yet and don't know if I ever will, since children change along with their needs. I need to just be in the moment as much as possible for their childhood is just a moment

No comments: