Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Girls Overnighter


Last year, my friends Kieran, Kiersten and I went on a girls overnighter. This year Kiersten is really pregnant so she was unable to come this year. So it was just me and Kieran and we went up to my family cabin in Midway.  It has been quite awhile since I have been up there and it made me really happy to be surrounded by the memories of it all.  Kieran was nice and indulged me and let me ramble about all the silly things we did there.  
Friday Night we watched like 4 movies , Footloose, Hairspray, Juno and Dan in Real Life.  We had a hard time getting into the groove of scrapbooking.  We needed our tiaras for some creativity.  We talked, laughed and ate a lot.  Which is just as important.  We went to bed around 3 am.  Woke up around 10, finished a couple more pages.  Cleaned the cabin like mad woman and drove home.  We stopped at McDonalds in Park City and Jim graciously gave us some free food.  

It was so completely heavenly to get away.  It just did not seem long enough. I came home refreshed and ready to be a better mom.  Noah ran into my arms he was so happy I was home.  It was a nice welcome.   We went and saw Clone Wars that afternoon when I returned.  So I had a party day.    So grateful to have such a fun friend,  Thanks for being creative with me Kieran.  Love your guts.

4 comments:

kieran said...

It was fun! Love your guts too, thanks for putting up with me.

Diana said...

lucky lucky girl. I remember you overnighter last year in park city and thought I need to plan one with my friends. It still hasn't been planned and you're on your second!
I love your movie selection what a girls night!

Nik English said...

the cabin is the best!!

Carrie said...

How fun! I'm so glad you have Kieran, even if I do wish I were there. So fun!