Thursday, August 14, 2008

Middle Name

You must list one fact about yourself for each letter of your middle name.
 Each fact must begin with that letter. 
If you don’t have a middle name, just use your maiden name. 

ELIZABETH





E
Energetic
Of, course when I was young I had tons more energy than I do now.
In high school, I was at an assembly and was bouncing in my chair.
My friend Jake, teased me that I was always full of energy.
I don't think I will ever forget his laugh.
Now, that I am older and a mom, most of my energy is used up by my children.
That is one reason my word for the year is Capacity.
I want to do more with the time I have.

L
Loyal
Watch out because once I become your friend,
you probably won't be able to get rid of me that easily.
I try hard to be a good friend, sister and daughter.
I really do love people deeply.
I like to stick around for the long run.

I
Inspired
I find joy, beauty,silliness and inspiration all around me.
My mind is constantly seeking and looking for things to
create,make or do better. I love creating something and seeing the finished product.
Whether it is my scrapbooks, cards, painted furniture or designing my house.
I take great satisfaction from these things.
It keeps me sane if that is possible.

Z
Zany
Z was very hard to come up with a word. I think I am silly and a bit nuts.
I love to laugh and make my son a bit embarassed.
Some of my antics make even my husband blush.
I think it just keeps them on their toes.

A
Airy
Kersten came up with this for me.
It is funny for my first reaction was that I was off in space and flighty.
But, Kersten said it describes how when you are with me, I try not drag people down.
I try to lift them up and feel less weary from the dregs of life.
I try to be positive and happy and fun to be around.

B
Beauty
Okay, now I did not put this word down because, I think I am beautiful.
I did it because I really enjoy having beauty surround me.
I feel like I am able to find beauty in things that don't inspire much.

E
Enchanted
I love anything that uses your imagination.
You can come up with way more interesting things in your
mind than in the real world.
I really encourage this in my children,
We go on amazing, fantastic adventures everyday.
I knew that something was getting through,
when I asked Noah if he wanted to take his lightsaber
on his California trip and he responded,
"No, I will just take my pretend one, I'll be in the car, and it won't get lost."
I love being a princess, playing in a fairy garden,
having tea parties with the transformers,
fighting off the bad guys with Noah, and
seeing the Ewoks all over Costco
(I bet you did not know that Ewoks play and shop at Costco,
They are all over the place. In the rafters, under tables and even in the freezer).
This makes life so much more fun for me
and I hope my children also.

T
Tenacious
I am tenacious and a bit stubborn also.
Both of my beautiful children have inherited this trait.
It makes life more fun and a bit more of a struggle.
I have had to learn when it is worth it to be this way
and when it is better to be a bit more laid back.


Health
My health is always in  a teeter totter motion.  
Sometimes it is right on,  all systems a go.
Other times I am fighting, struggling, crying and ripping out my hair.
Trying to be stable, productive  and happy. 
I know it will always be this way.  It is one of my struggles.
It is a relative anyway.  
I just wish that one of my strengths was self discipline.  

4 comments:

WonderKitty said...

This was a great post Lou! I am glad you took the extra time to think it all out. It really shows. Elizabeth is a really long name!

Diana said...

Elizabeth is an extremely long name and you came up with great words to describe yourself. You have such a way with your writing. All those words are perfect for you!

Carrie said...

I loved this! I would say that you are definitely one of the most loyal and imaginative people I know. You're a great mom, you always inspire me to play with my kids more. Love ya, Lou.

Alicia said...

Laurie, I love this post! They are all so true and wonderful.