"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Saturday, May 31, 2008
And yet again, Another Flood
My crazy life just got a bit crazier. On thursday as the kids and I headed out to go play with Kieran and Heber. I stopped to get gas in the car when the light drizzle of rain became a torrent rainstorms. I watched as flash floods flowed down Evergreen Ave. My heart stopped and I felt a need to go check our house. I explained to Noah that we needed to go home to make sure there were no floods. I called Kieran to let her know what was going on. As we talked I checked the storage room and "relief", all was well in that room. Things looked promising. I went by the back door and felt the floor and it was sopping wet. I had to get off the phone. Sweet Noah, started helping me get things up off the floor and carrying them upstairs. My Sofia of course, instantly starts screaming like someone was murdering her. I called Kersten's parents house and kindly asked if there was anyone home who could come and hold my baby for me while I cleaned up the flood. Bless them, Virginia came to take care of the kids, Heinz and Monika brought their wet dry vac and helped move stuff and Christel came and help clear it out. All of them helped so much getting everything out of harms way. I am so very grateful to them. Kersten came home from work to help and our landlord came after I called to check out the situation. He is docking $ from our rent because of all the work. This will help put the deposit down for Noah's teeth (cavities). The floods (3 in summer 2006) two summers ago were much worse than this one. It is still a hassle and when we had cleaned to the point we could not anymore. We went to Target as a family. Noah kept saying in sign, all done now with the water, now we go to Heber's. Poor kid, he loves his friend so much and they really don't get to play as much as they would like or we would like either. So yesterday and this morning I have been cleaning and moving things around our house to make it more habitable. It will be this way I bet for about a week. One of my goals this spring was to go through all the stuff in the computer, scrapbook area and clean it out. This way it makes it more accessible since it is now in my front room. This forces me to start it. So it is a good thing. Nothing was completely ruined. So this is a blessing in many ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I really hate the word Flood....Maybe you shouldnt have named your son Noah...hehe I think I am funny
Oh Lou. That just stinks, but I'm glad you were able to save most everything. Good luck on the cleaning out, I love that!
Oh my gosh, yuck. I'm so glad that nothing was destroyed. You have such a good attitude.
Another day in the life of Lou! Something has got to change. No more floods. Don't worry be Happy!
Riiiiiiight!!!!!
I'm so sorry about your flood! It's great that you had so much help.
You guys just cant catch a break can you! I hope it does not flood again when it rains this week!
I liked Mimi's comment. Noah and the Flood. No fun to have another flood. I hope that your landlord will do something so you have no more floods.
Post a Comment