
Today is the last day of January. Who knew that this month would challenge, uplift and stretch me like it did. I knew I would have a baby sometime in this month which always brings changes, both good and bad. But I did not comprehend the magnitude of all the blessings and inspiration this girl would bring. Time is rushing by and I want to focus my energy on the good and present in my life
I have had some posts since probably October that I have been planning and wanting to do in January for the beginning of the year 2008. I kept track of all the books I read in 2007 and wanted to post all of them and give my top ten. I wanted to write down my hopes and goals for the new year and I also wanted to post about "My Word" for 2008. I have seen this across the blog world quite a bit and really liked the idea. I am not big on resolutions that is why I wrote hopes and goals. This way I can encompass more than just I will do this and this etc. But I did like the idea of have a word that you focus on in that year to see if it helps you become better. So as I have contemplated and thought about this word. I have finally come to a decision on one and the word is
CAPACITY
Okay, I know what you are thinking. "Lou, of all the words in the entire world, why, oh, why did you chose this one?" Well, I will tell you. I want to increase my capacity in all areas of my life. For example, I want to be able to have my house to be more organized. It I can increase my capacity to go through even one more box a day or clean out one more cubboard or throw one more thing away. This will greatly help in getting my house organized more quickly. I want my capacity for patience to increase with my children and along with that the love I feel for them. I also want to have a greater capacity to do more joyful, happy, productive things in my day. Such as painting, scrapbooking, projects with my son, and having a clean house. So the laundry can be done, dinner thought of and on the table when honey gets home, getting the bills paid and all the stupid paperwork that life makes you do. I want the capacity, desire, energy and time to do these things. I feel if I concentrate on it and organize myself correctly. I will be happier and things will get better. I also want to have the capacity to be more spiritual. Do the things that will make me closer to my Heavenly Father. So here is my word for 2008. I hope it helps in even a little way.
4 comments:
I LOVE it! What a great word to choose, very well thought out and all encompassing. You are such a great example to me.
I can't wait to see all your lists:) I LOVE lists. Here ismy email... msriffle@comcast.net or scottandmissy@myarbonne.com I'm not sure which it is as it keeps me logged in- my friend set it up for me. I need to read some of Anitas books I never have and I am so tried of yuck in books. Can't wait to see your top 10 of 2007 how about tope 20 of your whole life too? Lovies, Missy
That is a great word for you Lou. What a great way to improve yourself. I will have to think of a word for myself too.
Mine is a two word phrase: "Embrace change". We have a lot of change coming this year, and I'm usually scared of it. So this year I hope to embrace it! I love your word too. Good luck this year.
Post a Comment